Brrrr

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I bet when you live in areas like that you can really make the walls of the dojo sweat when working out?

True or not?

A bunch of us blackbelts did it once when we were all in trouble with the Sensei.

Whatcha think

Rick

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
My continuing saga of vehicle woes continues. Tuesday night on my way to work, my truck was louder than ever. I didn't really do much more at the moment that use some colorful language. The Wednesday morning on my way home, I noticed I was getting exhaust fumes inside the cab. I did a quick check and noticed that a flange bolt was missing on the passenger side exhaust pipe. I called a friend of mine on my way to work Wednesday night to see if he had a spare. He came over and looked at the truck, the bolt isn't missing, it's broken. We tried working on it in 26 degrees. So now, I have to try and remove the broken bolt, as well as the two others that are all rusted and on the verge of breaking. If they do break and I am unable to remove them by hand, I have to remove the exhaust manifold, drill out the old bolts and then tap the holes. I have to do this in 20 some odd degree weather, not happy.

T

TheRustyOne

ouch. yes, i noticed it was louder than ususal...goodluck w/ that.

...my car did the same thing pretty much, but the pipes rotted thru....and it was in summer...

Old Tiger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nuff said...

Attachments

• $winter.jpg
    $winter.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 134

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig, just do the redneck fix on it and get some steel putty from advance auto. Once you work that stuff and it sets (about 24 hours) you can drill it, file it or what ever bit it works about the same as wood putty on wood. Save ya from having to worry about all that extra work. :uhyeah:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Seig, just do the redneck fix on it and get some steel putty from advance auto. Once you work that stuff and it sets (about 24 hours) you can drill it, file it or what ever bit it works about the same as wood putty on wood. Save ya from having to worry about all that extra work. :uhyeah:
I thought about that, but I can't afford to have my only running vehicle down for 24 hours.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
It's supposed to be 62 this weekend.. *Doing the Snoopy happy dance* weeeeeeeeee :D
It is dropping back down here and snowed yesterday :(

I am hoping for 40's

Then I will also be doing the snoopy happy dance :D

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did fix the one side of the exhaust, what a pain in the *** that turned out to be. When I removed the exhaust, the other two flange bolts broke. This meant I had to remove the manifold. One of the manifold bolts had a stripped head. Then I had to remove the broken studs from the flange. I wound up having to cut them off with a sawsall. Drilling them out was a treat, to say the least. I tried tapping new grooves, but the tap wouldn't cut. I wound up getting creative with straight stainless 1/4 inch bolts. It was a headache. I still have to replace the muffler on the other side, it looks like a handgrenade went off in it.

T

TheRustyOne

Yay warmness this weekend! I hope it doesn't do what it did this week! Warm all weekend, then kinda cold on monday, then SNOW on tuesday w/ a slow warm-up. Grrness!

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Someone has a warped idea of what Spring is......

Tell a Friend about WeatherBug Alerts. Click Here
spacer.gif
Berkeley County, WV
Alert Type: Winter Weather Advisory Advisory: # 2
View State Map View US Map
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR TODAY UNTIL 11:00AM EST</B>
Wswlwx

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington Dc 339 AM EST Tue Mar 16 2004

.An Area Of Low Pressure Will Track From The Ohio Valley Into Pennsylvania Today. Warm...Moist Air South Of The Low Pressure Center Will Override Cooler Air At The Surface...Resulting In A Period Of Wintry Precipitation.

1600- Allegany MD-Berkeley WV-Carroll MD-Clarke VA-Frederick VA- Frederick MD-Grant WV-Hampshire WV-Hardy WV-Jefferson WV-Mineral WV- Morgan WV-Northern Baltimore MD-Washington MD-

...Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect For Today...

The National Weather Service In Sterling Virginia Continues The Winter Weather Advisory For Western And Northern Maryland...The Eastern Panhandle Of West Virginia...And The Northern Shenandoah Valley Of Virginia.

Precipitation Will Begin Early This Morning As A Mix Of Sleet... Freezing Rain...And A Little Wet Snow. Most Precipitation Will Change Over To Rain By Midday. However...At Elevations Above One Thousand Feet...Occasional Freezing Rain Will Continue Into The Afternoon Hours.

Snow And Ice Accumulations Will Generally Be Less Than A Tenth Inch. However...Elevated Terrain In Allegany And Washington Counties Maryland As Well As Mineral...Hampshire...And Morgan Counties In West Virginia Will Receive Near A Tenth Inch Of Ice.

If The Low Tracks Just A Little Further To The South Than Currently Projected...Communities Just South Of The Pennsylvania Border Will Pick Up Near An Inch Of Wet Snowfall As Well.

Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio Or Local Media For The Latest Information On This Late Winter Weather Event.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Berkeley County, WV
Alert Type: Winter Weather Advisory Advisory: # 1
View State Map View US Map
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR TODAY UNTIL 11:00AM EST</B>
Wswlwx

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington Dc 339 AM EST Tue Mar 16 2004

.An Area Of Low Pressure Will Track From The Ohio Valley Into Pennsylvania Today. Warm...Moist Air South Of The Low Pressure Center Will Override Cooler Air At The Surface...Resulting In A Period Of Wintry Precipitation.

1600- Allegany MD-Berkeley WV-Carroll MD-Clarke VA-Frederick VA- Frederick MD-Grant WV-Hampshire WV-Hardy WV-Jefferson WV-Mineral WV- Morgan WV-Northern Baltimore MD-Washington MD-

...Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect For Today...

The National Weather Service In Sterling Virginia Continues The Winter Weather Advisory For Western And Northern Maryland...The Eastern Panhandle Of West Virginia...And The Northern Shenandoah Valley Of Virginia.

Precipitation Will Begin Early This Morning As A Mix Of Sleet... Freezing Rain...And A Little Wet Snow. Most Precipitation Will Change Over To Rain By Midday. However...At Elevations Above One Thousand Feet...Occasional Freezing Rain Will Continue Into The Afternoon Hours.

Snow And Ice Accumulations Will Generally Be Less Than A Tenth Inch. However...Elevated Terrain In Allegany And Washington Counties Maryland As Well As Mineral...Hampshire...And Morgan Counties In West Virginia Will Receive Near A Tenth Inch Of Ice.

If The Low Tracks Just A Little Further To The South Than Currently Projected...Communities Just South Of The Pennsylvania Border Will Pick Up Near An Inch Of Wet Snowfall As Well.

Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio Or Local Media For The Latest Information On This Late Winter Weather Event.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Snows back.

Sucks much it does.
3 foot drifts in the drive way. >_<

Its all light powder though so can blow right through it, but still....man, I want SUMMER NOW!!!! :)

Latest Discussions