Brokeback Mountain

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We just came back from the film. A very leisurely paced film. A lot of strained relationships. Was a very good film. Maybe not as good as the hype ...

Who has seen it?

Who is going to see it?

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well ... there's one tasteless comment to get us started.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen it yet. I'm not much of a movie-goer since I'm deaf. If it does come out with Open-Captioned version for the big screen, I might go see. There have been so many comments from both sides (pros and cons) that I haven't decided whether it really is worth the money to go. I probably won't get it when it comes out on DVD though.

- Ceicei

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would imagine any movie is difficult if you don't have hearing. This movie will be especially difficult without the closed captioning. One of the comments I made to my wife as we left the film, is that Heath Ledger's acting in this movie consisted of 'talking without moving his lips'.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal with that movie. Everyone is complaining and whining just cause its a couple dudes. So what? I'm kinda glad that stuff is in the movies, it just means society is making a couple steps forward.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it mostly cause I am cheap and unless it is something that has to be seen in the theater I go DVD, but it is already in my netflix queue for when it does come out. Some of my friends have seen it, they've all enjoyed it. I imagine most of the hype surrounding the movie isn't cause it is a gay cowboy movie for lack of a better description, but just cause there are so many high profile names attached to it...ang lee, heath ledger even that jake whatever is becoming a bigger name...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet. I'm usually not big on heavily hyped movies (have yet to sit through Titanic, for example). Every time I hear about this movie, I'm reminded of a comment from South Park. Cartman commented that all independent films are about "gay cowboys eating pudding."

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to see it, but I ve heard its very good and have wanted to. Whether its two dudes or would be a girl and dude isnt even the issue the issue is the trials of the relationship itself. I ll prob see it next week or the week after next.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I haven't seen it yet. I'm usually not big on heavily hyped movies (have yet to sit through Titanic, for example). Every time I hear about this movie, I'm reminded of a comment from South Park. Cartman commented that all independent films are about "gay cowboys eating pudding."

"Oh shoot tex...we're out of pudding. Well...Want to explore our sexuality?" LOL that was a awesome episode.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
I generally don't don't go to see love story-type movies in theaters (unless a girl makes me). The fact that it's a love story about two men isn't an issue. I may rent it on DVD.

Of course, if it were a love story about 2 chicks, well, I might be a bit more enthusiastic about it.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't plan on seeing it at the moment. I don't think I can really handle a relationship story right now of any kind.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
anybody see the clip on the Daily Show where someone had asked President Bush if he's seen it yet, and that he'd like it....

Talk about someone looking uncomfortable and awkward....

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
David Letterman

Top 10 Signs You Are a Gay Cowboy

10. Your saddle is Versace.
9. Instead of Home on the Range, you sing It's Raining Men
8. You enjoy ridin', ropin' and redecoratin'.
7. Sold your livestock to buy tickets to Mamma Mia!
6. After watching reruns of Gunsmoke, you have to take a cold shower.
5. Native Americans refer to you as Dances With Men.
4. You've been lassoed more times than most steers.
3. You're wearing chaps, yet your "ranch" is in Chelsea.
2. Instead of a saloon, you prefer a salon.
1. You love riding, but you don't have a horse.

Latest Discussions