Hmmm Anyone in Zodiac horoscopes?

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just Curious if anyone has any interesting information regarding the different Zodiac horoscopes. Im a water dog..whatever that means. And a Leo by the other system..

I have no idea what that all means thou..lol

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This may have nothing to do with what you are talking about, but Chuck Missler talks a lot about the original zodiac being based on the twelve tribes of Israel. I'm sure a google search will locate such talk.
Sean

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Just Curious if anyone has any interesting information regarding the different Zodiac horoscopes. Im a water dog..whatever that means. And a Leo by the other system..

I have no idea what that all means thou..lol

Water is one of the five elements assigned to a year.

Fire
Earth
Air
Wood

Are the other four.

They go in a ten year cycle as in: (* Order is not correct as I do not have my books with me *)

Water
Water
Air
Air
Wood
Wood
Fire
Fire
Earth
Earth

Combine this with the 12 symbols used for years you get a pattern that does not repeat for at least 60 years. Longer if you look and the spin + or - of the element of the year.

Each animal sign also has an element assigned to it as well.

The time of the year has an animal assigned to similiar to the Greek/Western Zodiac and as well as two hour blocks of the day as well. Based upon each animal has an element, one can get real detailed based upon time of birth.

There are some that also use location such as country birth, where I believe 1776 for the USA is a Monkey. (* I could be wrong *)

It is interesting reading, and allows one to see an isight into a culture of today or in the past, and to better understand how and possible why people thought or did something.

Modern times, i.e. my life time, 1966 the year of the Fire Horse (* Where Horse is represented by Fire as well *) was the first time that female born in China survival rate was above a really low percentage. Still lower than the preceding and following years though. As women born in this year were said to bring disgrace to their family. Som families have been known to have a "C" section birth to have a child born into a year to ahve specific traits versus the next year where the child might be considered lazy or ..., . This is by no means a representation of all people of China. This is just an example of one or two, plus some census data I read many years ago.

T

TheBattousai

I'm an ox, but I don't know the corisponding element or what that element means.

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ahhh I was hoping we would have some horoscope types around so I could get a free reading :D Oh well...off to Google for my knowledge and needs ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm an "earth monkey"

Yeah, I was born in the 60's...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am a fire dragon...the most powerful sign.

http://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htmhttp://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htm

Downright electrifying, Fire Dragons breathe vigor and power. These natural leaders smile at adversity, turn complainers into optimists, and lead lives as inspired as a Beethoven Sonata. They are square shooters in dealing with individuals and are often called upon to mediate disputes. Because they care so much about people, Fire Dragons like to support charitable causes and bring friends together for elegant evening soirees. These Dragons are fired with ambition, unflagging enthusiasm, and intelligence and enjoy most impressive careers as a result. Despite all the money they make, Finance is a big question mark. Money is easy come easy go. Until they control their spending habits, money will just go flying in the wind. Romantics at heart, Fire Dragons can't help playing Matchmaker. They're pretty lucky, too! As for themselves, they ooze charisma and never need anyone to fix them up. Successful in love, often placed on pedestals, Fire Dragons are attractive and have fire in the belly. The opposite sex feels very secure.

Yup, this describes me pretty well...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I am a fire dragon...the most powerful sign.

http://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htm

Yup, this describes me pretty well...

John,

The quote is mostly the positive side. ;)

Many of the worst Chinese Emporers, Generals and leaders that were Infamous, were also Fire Horses. So it is not the sign it is how the individual uses their strengths. :D

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
John,

The quote is mostly the positive side. ;)

Many of the worst Chinese Emporers, Generals and leaders that were Infamous, were also Fire Horses. So it is not the sign it is how the individual uses their strengths. :D

Geez.... and after I read the description of the fire horse (not the fire dragon) I thought it sounded pretty good, since that's what it said I was... now I feel like I have to redeem the sign!:yinyang:

T

TheBattousai

Thanks for the site upnorthkyosa, I now know I'm a Wood Ox. But some things obviously don't reflect me totaly.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm also a Fire Horse.
Horse people have a balance of the best kind of qualities. Have you ever seen a wild horse on the beach, with flying mane and flaring nostrils, every muscle bursting with life and je ne sais quois? Without a doubt, the Horse is the standard for grace, strength, rhythm and nobility. They have an amazing capacity for hard work. As a result, they know great success and financial security in their lifetimes. Often quite ostentatious, they enjoy being with large crowds and always seek out the grand and magnificent. They need people and have a weakness for those of the opposite sex. You can often find Horses at concerts, music festivals, and the Super Bowls of life.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions