Boxing or American Kickboxing

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sorry no, I'm guessing that you don't actually know that many boxers or that many kickboxers.
Ray Sefo: kickboxing 56 Wins (38 (T)KO's, 18 Decisions), 21 Losses, 1 Draw
Boxing 5 Wins (4 (T)KO's, 1 Decision), 1 Loss, 0 Draw
MMA 2 wins, 2 losses.

None of those records actually show a 'legend'. The boxing record doesn't show him quite as you show either.

If you want a legend try John Wayne Parr. 99 Wins (45 KOs), 33 losses, 1 draw or Crocop when he was kickboxing, Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost etc etc.

Er no, we don't train in boxing gyms, there's a lot wrong with that statement! You don't know much about MMA then.

Ray Sefo is a KB legend. As is Andy Hug who had plenty of losses. The level of other kickboxers was very high.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha. No kickboxer of any style/organisation, punch as hard as boxers. Or punch as well as boxers. Ray Sefo got floored by a journeyman when he tried boxing. Ray Sefo!! A Kickboxing legend.
That is one of the dumbest I've read on this forum...kickboxing is boxing with kicks it's the same stuff. So Ray sefo represents every single kickboxer on the planet does he?....so what if he's a legend he's human he's got a chin he can get knocked out just like everyone. Just like how a black belt in bjj can get tapped out by a brown belt....it happens it's fighting it's completely unpredictable. This is from someone who's trained and fought in pretty much every striking discipline available since I was a kid...I'll tell you also the hardest iveever been hit was In a kickboxing match

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
3sM7T2X.jpg

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes. A finesse boxer, no matter if it's Floyd Mayweather jr, is going to get chopped down by kicks. A half decent power puncher, however, will corner the kickboxer, stalk him, and win by KO inside 3 rounds. A boxer punches much harder, much faster, and with better combinations. This is a level of boxing intensity and range that the kickboxer will be unfamiliar with. The rules of American Kickboxing had to be changed (to kicking requirments per round) because the better boxer usually won.
That is just a silly generalisation yeah that may happen sometimes and another time the kickboxer could knock the power puncher out or kickboxer could use movement avoid the power use kicks and body shots to tire the power puncher out so his power goes down

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Show me a K1 fighter who entered Boxing and won anything of value. Theres far more money in boxing for these Dutch KB with supposedly equal hands to boxers.

What prevented them from earning more money? I mean their hands are same, right?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me a K1 fighter who entered Boxing and won anything of value. Theres far more money in boxing for these Dutch KB with supposedly equal hands to boxers.

What prevented them from earning more money? I mean their hands are same, right?

Why would they go to boxing? Everyone I know went from boxing to kickboxing or MMA or both, as they offer more fun than boxing which let's face it is just boring. Why the emphasis on 'earning money'? If one earns enough to live comfortably why would anyone want to be greedy? Too many boxers as it is have become brain damaged by staying in it too long and taking too many fights.

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Why would they go to boxing? Everyone I know went from boxing to kickboxing or MMA or both, as they offer more fun than boxing which let's face it is just boring. Why the emphasis on 'earning money'? If one earns enough to live comfortably why would anyone want to be greedy? Too many boxers as it is have become brain damaged by staying in it too long and taking too many fights.

Because they have tried. It's the same trend every time. They beat the bottom of the barell, then get destroyed (by nobodies in the boxing world) and never box again.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm sure I could if I did some research but I can't be bothered to do so...just know that a hell of a bunch of experienced marital artists don't agree with you

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey I fought for over 10 years and can count on one hand how much cash I made money never mattered to me that made it more fun. The guys who rely on fighting for money get so stressed out because if they lose they don't get as much cash but for me if I lost who cares back to work Monday to make my same wage

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they have tried. It's the same trend every time. They beat the bottom of the barell, then get destroyed (by nobodies in the boxing world) and never box again.

I'm sorry but that is frankly quite a nasty thing to say. You have your own agenda here and seem determined to keep to it. It would be better if you were more open minded and definitely more experienced in martial arts. Unless you are trolling...........

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I'm 100% sure those bottom of the barrel and nobodies would knock you out in 30 seconds. It's funny you're being so arrogant here when your first post was telling us how your coach told you your skills are lagging behind everyone else's....just think about that before trash talking professionals maybe

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm 100% sure those bottom of the barrel and nobodies would knock you out in 30 seconds. It's funny you're being so arrogant here when your first post was telling us how your coach told you your skills are lagging behind everyone else's....just think about that before trash talking professionals maybe

As we say in martial arts...empty your cup.

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score

My cousin is a former IBF intercontinental champion, peak world rank 29.. I have seen his worst opponents starting out as a pro. They were terrible, overweight, slow, etc. I would 100% knock their heads off

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
My cousin is a former IBF intercontinental Champion, peak world rank 29.. I have seen his worst opponents starting out as a pro, and they were terrible, overweight, slow, etc I would 100% knock their heads off
Get in the ring and prove it until then stop running your mouth it's a bad look. Also why do I care what your cousins rank is I'm not talking about your cousin...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cousin is a former IBF intercontinental champion, peak world rank 29.. I have seen his worst opponents starting out as a pro. They were terrible, overweight, slow, etc. I would 100% knock their heads off

The International Budo Federation, an amateur martial arts association one of hundreds if not thousands? er yeah ok. :rolleyes:

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The International Budo Federation, an amateur martial arts association one of hundreds if not thousands? er yeah ok. :rolleyes:

He sparred this dude named Wladimir Klitchko. You may have heard of him. Big Ukrainan guy. Dominated boxing.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
He sparred this dude named Wladimir Klitchko. You may have heard of him. Big Ukrainan guy. Dominated boxing.
Ooh did he wow nice story...how many times have I heard that a guy making stuff up using a so called famous relative to back themselves up

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apart from the fact he didn't do kickboxing,his brother Vitali was the kickboxer who went into boxing. His kick boxing record was 32-2 with 22 KOs.
So what year was this sparring match?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apart from the fact he didn't do kickboxing,his brother Vitali was the kickboxer who went into boxing. His kick boxing record was 32-2 with 22 KOs.
So what year was this sparring match?
April 31st 1922 lol

Latest Discussions