BJJ in the street ?

gusano

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Rorion looked the guy square in the eye and said, "you think we don't know how to scratch eyes out too? Maybe in 65 years, you are the only guy to come up with this idea. How much easier will it be to maul you while you are sleeping off a choke?"

The lesson wasn't lost on me, a dyed in the wool kenpo eye scratcher. Somehow, though, it seems continually lost in the mainstream.

Regards,

Dave
Good quote Dave! People who argue about using eye gouges, bites, groin pulls, etc, seem to forget that it's a two sided coin. The only thing worse than being in the triangle is...being in the triangle, while getting punched in the face and your eyes gouged out! I hate it when that happens.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I say BJJ is street effective if done with the right mind set, just as any other art. Be careful on the holds, desperation of your opponent will get you a nasty bite, rakings, etc.. Street thugs don't understand tapping out. Treat the fight accordingly! Ground and pound.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BJJ is fun. I meet some people around my college and we roll. I can hold them off for a while even with out any real training for the ground. If you are going to grab me and roll with me on the street...well your welcome to. I'm sure my friends would show up before you could finish me. That said I'm glad I'm picking up a few tricks here and there. It would help in some situations I'm sure. Especially if you don't really want restrain a person.

Latest Discussions