Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A regular Uriah Heep then.

Of course he has.

Sounds like a trailer for a B movie.

GET FIT.
The ones who have to constantly tell us how humble they are....generally aren't. That's from my experience

That I wont do.. Its a small gym and thats all I will say.

IN BJJ I did learn some great defenses to submissions that I never knew about. I Fought a white belt to a draw despite giving up 50-70 pounds. I was crushed by a really good blue belt and submittted 3 times in 5 min. Then I was crushed by a Brown belt . Then we still had 25 min left and I called it a day. The HEad coach knows that I leave early due to work but he also knows that the other reason is that I can hang with them

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I come here because I like to communicate with people and get advise.

Many have said I need to get bigger, stronger and in better shape. This is very true. I will hit the gym this weekend.
My doctor said I have high cholestorol so I quit all fast food but my weight has dropped from 160 to 153. That scares me

I have a good schedule now

MMA- twice a week
BJJ- twice a week
Boxing/MT- only once a week
That is 5-6 hours of contact and that is my limit

Last edited:

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many have said I need to get bigger, stronger and in better shape.

I don't recall anyone saying you needed to get bigger.

Stronger, certainly.

Better shape - well, fitter. Actual shape - that'll get fixed by being stronger and fitter.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

IN BJJ I did learn some great defenses to submissions that I never knew about. I Fought a white belt to a draw despite giving up 50-70 pounds. I was crushed by a really good blue belt and submittted 3 times in 5 min. Then I was crushed by a Brown belt . Then we still had 25 min left and I called it a day. The HEad coach knows that I leave early due to work but he also knows that the other reason is that I can hang with them

Tell them nothing!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned how to escape the Triangle choke finally after 19 months lol.
So many bad BJJ teachers out there

How do you determine that your failure to learn is the fault of the teacher, rather than the student?

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How do you determine that your failure to learn is the fault of the teacher, rather than the student?

Because after 5 coaches nobody ever should me a good def
My private coach had this super tricky move that seemed odd

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

So all those teachers who I suppose have managed to train plenty of other people were the problem, not you?

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Fought a white belt to a draw despite giving up 50-70 pounds. I was crushed by a really good blue belt and submittted 3 times in 5 min. Then I was crushed by a Brown belt .

In class you should not be fighting anyone. A good instructor will have his students rolling with everyone with the instructions to use techniques only not strength. The idea is that the stronger students have to learn not to rely on strength instead of technique and the smaller students to be able to use techniques on all shapes and sizes, it's improving for everyone.

If your 'instructor' is having his students fight each other and you won't mention his name then is it basically Fight Club.

My doctor said I have high cholestorol so I quit all fast food but my weight has dropped from 160 to 153. That scares me

Just how much fast food did you eat? Dropping fast food is not the solution a proper balanced diet is, that and getting fit will sort out quite a number of problems. As others have said no-one said get bigger, just fitter, it seems it's imperative now for your health. You will have more problems in the future if you don't sort them now.

Odd to a beginner, most moves look that way when you are starting out. It's odd that you say there's a lot of so called bad BJJ coaches out there but neglect to mention that there's bad Krav Maga instructors too. Perhaps that's the root of your problem, you went to a phony KM place and they filled your head with nonsense? Your views on karate, Judo and TKD seem skewed as well as this fixation that BJJ in a gi is 'fake' sounds like you have seriously got things mixed up.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean you couldn't do it? That's what it is YOU couldn't do it. Stop blaming the instructors and look in the mirror. You didn't understand something they taught that's on you. Stop making excuses no one here is believing them

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can blame myself or the Coach depending on the curriculum
I'm sure you will blame the coach because you can't take responsibility at all. All your talk about being humble....rubbish. If you can't do something and immediately blame the coach....that's not humbleness

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I learned how to escape the Triangle choke finally after 19 months lol.
So many bad BJJ teachers out there
How many years of schooling did you have before you could write a stand on its own merit argument? I can only assume your first several grade school teachers were terrible as well because I sure you weren't taught that in your first 19 months either.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In class you should not be fighting anyone. A good instructor will have his students rolling with everyone with the instructions to use techniques only not strength. The idea is that the stronger students have to learn not to rely on strength instead of technique and the smaller students to be able to use techniques on all shapes and sizes, it's improving for everyone.

If your 'instructor' is having his students fight each other and you won't mention his name then is it basically Fight Club.

Just how much fast food did you eat? Dropping fast food is not the solution a proper balanced diet is, that and getting fit will sort out quite a number of problems. As others have said no-one said get bigger, just fitter, it seems it's imperative now for your health. You will have more problems in the future if you don't sort them now.

Odd to a beginner, most moves look that way when you are starting out. It's odd that you say there's a lot of so called bad BJJ coaches out there but neglect to mention that there's bad Krav Maga instructors too. Perhaps that's the root of your problem, you went to a phony KM place and they filled your head with nonsense? Your views on karate, Judo and TKD seem skewed as well as this fixation that BJJ in a gi is 'fake' sounds like you have seriously got things mixed up.

Yes there are many fake Krav schools . Maybe 2/3

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Oh no
The students are just better than me
I am very sore
My BJJ coach is a different guy lol

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My neck is super sore
Lats sore
Quad sore