Best kicks for average folks

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ever try
Maybe you do maybe you don't but I'm not on here whining and making excuses for myself about why I'm out of shape or why I'm not improving.....also seems your humbleness is starting to fade a bit

I am not going to sit here and take personal attacks from you . I have been very polite and you have been rude and obnoxious .
Yes you have a good striking resume ..it’s better than mine but maybe you can tone down your comment about me

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was a level 3 Krav guy and we have that and BJJ in common

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Lol i have not made any personal remarks. All i have said is if you want to improve you need to stop complaining and blaming everyone else and making excuses. But if your not going to listen then thats up to you

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lol i have not made any personal remarks. All i have said is if you want to improve you need to stop complaining and blaming everyone else and making excuses. But if your not going to listen then thats up to you

if I am not receiving good coaching I have every right to complain as I am paying for it !!
I think my mma coach is outstanding and the beg BJJ coach is great . The head BJJ coach is too focused on little technique and 55 min rolls

Last edited by a moderator:

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good question ... I can tell by the quality of instructions and curriculum.
Does the class go over much tehnique that is useful to you.
Does the class just only focus on competitive rolling?
Does the class only go over advanced positions that are usually useless in a real fight

The only basis you have for quality of instruction and curriculum is what is in your head - just because it's not suited to you, or you're not suited to it, doesn't have any bearing on the quality.

Ditto what is "useful to you".

Competitive rolling / advanced positions? You do realise that competition and technique (after entertainment and fitness) is by far the vastly overwhelming reason for people to do any MA?

I reckon I could go around every single MA club (of all disciplines) in my area and come away with an amount of people I can count on one hand who have "real fight" as their primary purpose, and most of those will be beginners or teenagers.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...….and come away with an amount of people I can count on one hand who have "real fight" as their primary purpose, and most of those will be beginners or teenagers.

We have many who come to train MMA who don't want to fight but after a while feel they want a fight, just the one, to test themselves and their training but it's not about the fighting as such. Some do and are matched with a similar opponent at an amateur level, many don't.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question ... I can tell by the quality of instructions and curriculum.
Does the class go over much tehnique that is useful to you.
Does the class just only focus on competitive rolling?
Does the class only go over advanced positions that are usually useless in a real fight

What is your benchmark for telling the quality of instruction and especially the curriculum if you are a beginner?

How do you know if it's useful when you are a beginner?

If the class only focuses on competitive rolling then perhaps it's a class for those who want competitive rolling ie more advanced or competitive fighters. It doesn't mean it's a poor standard.

If a class only goes over advanced positions and you don't 'get' them you are in the wrong class and not in a postition to judge whether they are useful in a fight or not.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

According to this, level three is equal to green belt. Our karate system Wado Ryu has green as the 4th belt they earn, it's not even half way into the curriculum and this is fairly common among styles that use belts.
For someone to reach this level according again to this site's curriculum you are showing you don't know as much as they expect.
Level 3 – Krav Maga Wordwide™ Official Training Center

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I am not receiving good coaching I have every right to complain as I am paying for it !!
I think my mma coach is outstanding and the beg BJJ coach is great . The head BJJ coach is too focused on little technique and 55 min rolls
You keep saying that as if it’s a sign of bad instructing. It’s a class format, mate. You are in the wrong class.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have many who come to train MMA who don't want to fight but after a while feel they want a fight, just the one, to test themselves and their training but it's not about the fighting as such. Some do and are matched with a similar opponent at an amateur level, many don't.

Those people wouldn't be included in my count though.

In my (limited) experience, the type of person to say stuff like "useful in a real fight" aren't talking about a match/competition in the slightest - it's more street bro innit.

And an organised MMA (or whatever) fight comes under the competition heading for me - so there's a different intent behind wanting to have a (possibly singular) fight under those terms as opposed to wanting to go out scrapping.

I'd really like it if I was correct in thinking that most who want to fight competitively have a similar difference in their head too.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my (limited) experience, the type of person to say stuff like "useful in a real fight" aren't talking about a match/competition in the slightest - it's more street bro innit.

My students however are quite happily fighting anyway, training or not lol. They don't talk about 'real fights', they know more than most what real fighting is. They quite like a competitive match though, they are naturally competitive people.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
My students however are quite happily fighting anyway, training or not lol. They don't talk about 'real fights', they know more than most what real fighting is. They quite like a competitive match though, they are naturally competitive people.

If your students are the ones I think they are, then their interpretation of "real fight" is worlds away from the guy who thinks real fights happen outside a pub...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your students are the ones I think they are, then their interpretation of "real fight" is worlds away from the guy who thinks real fights happen outside a pub...

Yep, fight is what they do in their day job, a brawl outside a pub is something that happens when civvies think they are 'ard and can take them on, which they can't unless they gang up on just one, which has happened.
They mostly train MMA because it encapsulates what their job training is about, being fit, think quickly, acting decisively and because it's enjoyable and fun. it's sporting, relying on your opponent to let go when you tap and shaking hands at the end of a bout or roll, no rancour when losing or crowing when winning.
They mostly don't compete in organised competitions but as I said may have one bout to see what it's like to get into the cage, they are competitively natured though with each other which can be funny.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I train for Self def and hobby
I am 44 and not going to fight in a cage nor would I if I was 24

I am new to grappling only 20 months but I have done years of Krav and MT before
I don’t care for karate !!!

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I only do the advance class now once a week because the beg class I can only do once a week
It’s hard to juggle all this when I work full time

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am finally leaning good wrestling skills !!!
This is a big positive for me

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am going to maybe switch BJJ gyms in 4 months
Right now I have to make it work .
I just hope to god they don’t change the mma class hours !!’
I want to stick with mma beg class aslong as possible and through 2020
I don’t think I will work with my old coach again

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I train for Self def and hobby
I am 44 and not going to fight in a cage nor would I if I was 24

I am new to grappling only 20 months but I have done years of Krav and MT before
I am finally leaning good wrestling skills !!!
This is a big positive for me

Is English your first language?

As you know nothing about it as demonstrated by your previous remarks I can safely say karate doesn't care for you either. :rolleyes:

I am going to maybe switch BJJ gyms in 4 months

Of course you are, I expect the instructors are bad so you need to move on.....again. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I only do the advance class now once a week because the beg class I can only do once a week
:yawn:

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
According to this, level three is equal to green belt. Our karate system Wado Ryu has green as the 4th belt they earn, it's not even half way into the curriculum and this is fairly common among styles that use belts.
For someone to reach this level according again to this site's curriculum you are showing you don't know as much as they expect.
Level 3 – Krav Maga Wordwide™ Official Training Center

I have done Krav 4-5 and it has just the simple gun and knife defense along with my fav - the knife hand and ridge hand stuff

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have done Krav 4-5 and it has just the simple gun and knife defense along with my fav - the knife hand and ridge hand stuff

4-5 what? Hours, weeks, months? or are you saying you are level 4-5? If all you have been doing is 'simple' gun defences etc then you aren't experienced at all. Can you do anything on that curriculum for the rank you are claiming then? According to some of the sites on KM, level 3 is an instructor rank.
About KMG | krav-maga.com
Krav Maga Education | Level 3 - Award In Krav Maga Instruction