Beginner, please give tips and advice

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That's really great to hear man, knew you'd love it! Keep at it, everything will improve over time including stamina, pace yourself with it all, and enjoy the journey. Keen to hear your progress :)
thanks bro

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
CLASSES:
Monday: 18:00 - 19:00 KICKBOXING
Tuesday: 18:00 - 19:00 BOXING
Wednesday: 18:00 - 19:00 KICKBOXING
Thursday: 18:00 - 19:00 BOXING
Friday: CARDIO
Saturday: 9:30 - 10:30 KICKBOXING
SUNDAY REST DAY
that's how every week is gonna look like for me :D, now I just need to find a job :dead:

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CLASSES:
Monday: 18:00 - 19:00 KICKBOXING
Tuesday: 18:00 - 19:00 BOXING
Wednesday: 18:00 - 19:00 KICKBOXING
Thursday: 18:00 - 19:00 BOXING
Friday: CARDIO
Saturday: 9:30 - 10:30 KICKBOXING
SUNDAY REST DAY
that's how every week is gonna look like for me :D, now I just need to find a job :dead:
At first, I would say it is too much to start. It may exhaust your energy and your enthusiasm.

On the other hand, perhaps it is all right and you should do as much as you can, while you can. I would like to train (more) and it is being a challenge for many reasons. So, go on. :)

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
At first, I would say it is too much to start. It may exhaust your energy and your enthusiasm.

On the other hand, perhaps it is all right and you should do as much as you can, while you can. I would like to train (more) and it is being a challenge for many reasons. So, go on. :)
I don't think I'll lose the motivation because after the class i was absolutely knackered but knowing that my technique got better after only one class it just felt great and I want to be back in that gym as soon as possible. I also took a cold bath when I got home and I don't think I'll be doing that again :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so it was great, i loved it :D
the coach seemed nice he's pretty chill but can get very serious at the same time
there were only like 2 guys around my age and the rest was just kids lmao
my stamina is bad, the coach told me to start running and i waited until everyone else left and asked him if there is anything else i could do in my free time besides running and he said skipping so i'll do that
I thanked him, I shook his hand and I said I'll definitely be back

I was sorely tempted to drop in as I was down that way this weekend ( my daughter lives in Newmarket) but thought I wouldn't scare you. Well done you, great start, I'm sure you will get where you want, I wouldn't do the cold bath thing either though! :D

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was sorely tempted to drop in as I was down that way this weekend ( my daughter lives in Newmarket) but thought I wouldn't scare you. Well done you, great start, I'm sure you will get where you want, I wouldn't do the cold bath thing either though! :D
cold bath was terrible never doing it again :D
my stamina is terrible so there's not much to see yet

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I ran 3 miles this morning and after I ran back home I felt like throwing up
coach said ''Kasper, you gotta start running, start with 1 mile a day''
I should've listened, 3 miles is definitely too much for me atm i had to stop twice to catch my breath

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
coach said my jabs and kicks are looking really good
me and him we did 4 rounds on kicking pad he seemed very impressed

So, have you learned anything you can honestly say you couldn't have taught yourself yet?

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I talked to the coach he said I should only run tomorrow, no bag or anything. also my shoulders feel so fked so I'll upload the video next week

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
cold bath was terrible never doing it again :D
my stamina is terrible so there's not much to see yet

ummm cold bath lol eh hmmmmmm ok nope down that well sorta but it was in Norway and jeez I know why brass monkeys look so sad in cold weather lol

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

No I would think if you dropped in when he was in a cold bath it might well have scared him lol esp if he thought you were getting in too lol

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think I'll lose the motivation because after the class i was absolutely knackered but knowing that my technique got better after only one class it just felt great and I want to be back in that gym as soon as possible. I also took a cold bath when I got home and I don't think I'll be doing that again :D
Yeah sure but that's one class. There's a difference between feeling good after one class and doing it week in week out

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah sure but that's one class. There's a difference between feeling good after one class and doing it week in week out
And doing it week in and week out for years. Some people can sustain that for a few months then fade out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ummm cold bath lol eh hmmmmmm ok nope down that well sorta but it was in Norway and jeez I know why brass monkeys look so sad in cold weather lol

RM.jpg

Latest Discussions