BBQ in Denver?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i'd like to live in the mountains at some point, but denver is where the jobs are for me for right now.

It was for me too, for a long time. I worked in Englewood at one point, off I-25 and Orchard Road. Lived in west Lakewood then. It was only a 15 minute drive. That was a while back, when there was still some farm land between Denver and Castle Rock. Heck there was open space between Castle Rock and Colorado Springs back then!

I've told people before - I loved Denver and hated leaving. However, I didn't leave so much as I fled. It was turning into California, and you have no idea what it was like before the granola crunchers took over and de-nutted the city. Bastiches. I really do dislike California with a passion.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock on, dude. But believe me, you can see the mountains from Golden. Mainly because you're in them.

Yeah, and I could get jiggy on my bike going through Coal Creek Canyon, and there's excellent opera in Central City, and I'm in the mountains in both places-but I'm not in ****ing "Denver", any more than I am when I'm in Golden, or Boulder, for that matter, am I?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, and I could get jiggy on my bike going through Coal Creek Canyon, and there's excellent opera in Central City, and I'm in the mountains in both places-but I'm not in ****ing "Denver", any more than I am when I'm in Golden, or Boulder, for that matter, am I?

Golden is part of the Denver Metro area. Denver itself is quite small. If it wasn't for flagpole annexation, Red Rocks Amphitheater would be in Golden. My 'burbs were Golden, Applewood, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, Arvada, and Edgewater. Once you cross over Federal, it's officially Denver, but without the street sign, who would know? I mean, other than the junkies and gang-bangers who Lakewood tosses back over the line when they wander out of their boxes.

Boulder is another story. People's Republic of Boulder, as we called it, and not part of the Denver Metro Area. However, like visiting Czechoslovakia in the movie "Stripes," if you've got an armored motor home, it's pretty cool.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i haven't made it up to boulder yet, but i have to admit, i get more curious the more i find out how much conservatives hate it lol!

jf

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i haven't made it up to boulder yet, but i have to admit, i get more curious the more i find out how much conservatives hate it lol!

I don't hate it - I would only hate it if I had to live there. I find it fascinating and fun, like visiting the zoo. I take my time, have a few laughs, and try to avoid the poo-throwing simians.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's just it, whenever see poo throwing simians i want to jump the fence & hang out with them. you know, get in touch with my inner monkey.

jf

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that's just it, whenever see poo throwing simians i want to jump the fence & hang out with them. you know, get in touch with my inner monkey.

icon14.gif

I'm thinking of a snappy comeback that has to do with touching one's monkey, but I think I should call it a night now! :asian:

Latest Discussions