Basics of Kenpo

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Doug, I think I've answered enough questions concerning my rank and as I've said, I was promoted too fast for some and not fast enough for many. The best thing to do is spend some time with me, on the phone for instance, picking my brain, or have me for a seminar some time. I would truly prefer to talk Kenpo and not rank, it's what I am not who I am. Too feel is to believe.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Thank you, sir. I am sad to say I'm going to miss the Pasadena camp, but I'll see what I can do to get out there.

Meanwhile I'll see what I can do to get you out to Texas.
:asian:

C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
When is it my responsibility to teach people good manners, they either have them or they don't? I carry myself quite well and act according to the environment and situation. If you would be so kind as to tell what Black Belt behavior is, if you know. Your posts imply you do and I've always been curious as I hear that all the time.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Just my opinion, but I think as far as Black Belt Behavior goes, it is all up to the individual what that means to you. But I feel there is one line in the movie Spiderman (I know I sound like a movie geek now) that can sum it all up "With great power comes greater responsibility". What I mean is that after all you have learned and all the time you put into your art, doesn't the drunkerd at the local bar who is angry at you because you stepped on his foot and now want to fight you, seem a little more like a waste of time than it did say 5 or 10 years ago. I think by the time you reach Black Belt you have learned a little more about yourself, and about what is worth fighting for and what is not.
But like I said, that is my opinion. Your definition of "Black Belt Behavior" may be a little different. But if I can get the same idea into just one other persons life, hey, all the better.

Latest Discussions