Bansenshukai Ninjutsu

Tetsujin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, that could conceivably be an improvement. Perhaps you could return to your original thread and post there explaining the term "Ninpo Shugenbojutsu" and why you believe it to be an accurate term for describing the skill-set of your new art?

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ninpo Shugenbojutsu

You can't use Ninpo and you can't use Shugen!!

Ninpo means Nin=endurance Po=Dharma/Law/unbreakable truth

It is a highly charged religous wording which with Takamatsu does have religious ties as a priest.

Shugen means Shu=ascetic Gen=magic/special power

Both the words are used in the manner of religion though Ninpo may not be as a strong religious term as Shugen(which is more of a prefix) because usually it follows Shugendo,Shukyo etc.

Please Please stop using Japanese....

horton

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the questions. I will try to answer as concisely as possible as I tend to ramble. I will certainly elaborate more if need be.

I will try and answer your questions in order:

Well I would say I may be going along the same theory as SKH but not exactly along the same lines. Though I have trained with SKH on a couple of occassions, my two partners in bansenshukai used to run a Quest Center and would have more information for you. I can tell you there is quite a bit of difference.

If you search for bansenshukai ninjutsu, you will come across the web page and it will indicate who the three of us are. I don\'t want to speak for them as I don\'t know how they feel about forums. The experience between us, however, comes from many years in the bujinkan, ajj, karate, tae kwon do, military training, police training and experience with resistings. I also used to teach at a school which housed a boxing instructor, kung fu, bjj, karate, and mma instructors. We spent some years exchanging information.

Again, I can only speak for myself. My bio is on the website, but I have 17 years in the bujinkan. I attained my 5th dan in 2001 and simply lost interest in belt rank. I have studied many years in other martial arts over the last 10 years but have never requested rank as it was usually instructors getting together to train and exchange information.

For no other reason than to create a system that contained all my interests with a practical modern day approach. Do not get me wrong, I don\'t believe any system superior than another. I just didn\'t find a system with all the elements in it I really enjoyed, so we created one.

Nope. Not trying to change or improve a thing about the bujinkan. Matter of fact, I still train with some bujinkan guys. I do feel I have the training and experience to establish the Bansenshukai though. I have 5 years military experience, 9 years experience as a state trooper and 20 years in the martial arts (of several systems). I also continue to train with very talented men and women who constantly give their input. Yes, I am young, only 33. But I feel the bansenshukai is young as well and I will grow into it as Hatsumi had to upon the death of his instructor.

Well, this one is a little tricky. It all depends on how you define ninjutsu. If you define it as bujinkan budo taijutsu, than it might be misnamed. I, however, feel ninjutsu is a philosophy along with the combination of a variety of skills. In this we are very much ninjutsu. If this explanation is not enough, I can elaborate if you wish.

Regardless of your opinions on my endeavors, I want to truly thank you for your questions and for taking the time to post the classes. I cannot ask for more than that.

My take on this is maybe a bit more generic but: Welcome to Amercia, where folks like to tinker, and reinterpret things, in this case ninjutsu, examples: Hayes, to some degree of validity maybe Bussey, that is possibly to debate among others as well as this apparent effort. In the dojo I attend, the sensei, who is touchy about being mentioned online, but has a previous background in Goju Karate among other things and that training has seeped into the Ninpo training as well and some minor things have been adapted as well. My point, it happens... and in this gentleman\'s defense, Soke has said that after 5th dan you are free to teach as you see fit.

horton

White Belt
Reaction score
I see I am not the only one who feels ninjitsu is more philosophy and method , rather than rigid adherance to tradition.

I have heard it described as an evolving art, and as it is about adaptation, you would think it would.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not in support of testing someone to black belt via video. I do know that BSK Ninjutsu does this. I've made the mistake myself in the past and regretted it, but only once. More of a personal favour.
I have seen some folks that have come along side of this camp, IE Christa Jacobson,who though many slag her. She is actually pretty good.

So I am undecided. I'd like to meet and train with them before making up my mind on the topic.
A good thing I am Indie so I can do that without too much hassle.
I have invited them to JBK Tai Kais in the past, not yet to see. But will do again for the one coming up in May in PA.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Shidoshi0153 is around and can update us on how his cyber-dojo is doing.

Otherwise, discussions of other start up styles, whether ninjutsu or not, is kind of off topic, huh? ;)

Just a word to the wise...

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
emiliozapata needs to realize that his "system" is not Japanese, and has nothing to do with real ninjutsu, and stop trolling.

Ashida Kim, HaHa Lung, these are 2 other jokers who are laughing stocks.

The OP here at least has legit ninjutsu training in both a recognized source and recognized derivative. Emo's got neither legit training nor real understanding. He should go over to MAP, they like fantasy ninja stuff there.

In the mean time, lets go back to bansenshukai ninjutsu, which this was about, not justifing someone elses fantasies.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This sounds very similar to the Kenpo Taijutsu system/not a system in Colorado that a group of us started. We didn't use the "ninjutsu" name in it but it was brought up several times. We really only "created" the system because we were really mixing up a lot of stuff from all over and used the "Kenpo" and the "Taijutsu" because that is where the majority of the hand-to-hand stuff came from. Truth be told if we used names from the biggest contributors it would have been Army-LE-Kenpo-Taijutsu.

More power to you and if you ever get out to the Ft. Carson area look me up and we can train, shoot or simply drink a beer.

Code 4 and clear.

Latest Discussions