bad kyusho acting

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
From what I can see, having trained in the methods of KI and others, is that Evin Pantsnasty claims that you can learn effective kyusho techniques using his method of teaching. That is, you don't need to learn katas or technique combinations, you just need to practise the drills that point the way to the pressure points and the rest takes care of its self. Now I've trained at this crap (KI/ Dillman) with all manner of experienced fighters, and I've been known to enjoy the occassional stoush myself :)
The thing they continually leave out is the fact that no matter who you are, or what little secrets you use, you must have a delivery system!!
The thing I find most amusing about these knuckle heads is that in their early days, they raved about the lack of force required to KO someone. These days they tell you to "just keep on hitting till he falls down."
Well, thank you very much!!
I can get that advice from any boxing school anywhere in the world. Also the amount of faith they have in their techs that incur pain. Now I don't know too many people who can stand there while everything is calm and stand against a well placed finger lock or other tech designed to introduce you to a whole new world of hurt. But take those same "puppets on a string" and put them in a highly adrenalised state, and you can break their fingers while they are punching holes in the side of your head.. I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.
I believe that PP work, but only with a principle based delivery system. The guy that you lifted physical/mental disassociation from will tell you, "If it needs pain to work, then it is bound to fail!"

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what any of us believe. If you believe that pressure points work in combat, then use them or find out how to... If you think they won't help you in a blue, then don't even think about going after them, just keep hitting the badguy until he drops.

Anyhoo, that's my 0.02 worth.

--Dave

Well said cobby

Cheers mate
Sam:asian:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
The clip reminded me of the church guy, who has God's power in his hands, touches someone on the forehead and they drop.
icon10.gif

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Sorry guys the one above is pretty good acting for the defence against a guy who likes you legs so much he is hugging them. This one has the poor acting in it.

Cheers
Sammy:asian:

When I first saw this clip, on the Kyusho forum, I went to my instructor to ask about it. He spoke to Evan and got as much detail as possible, then we practised it. First like in the clip, and we made it work. Both of us could put the other one down with it. Then we put it into motion.....
Well now, there's a whole new ball game. The best odds we could get were about 1 in 5. Now I don't know about you guys but my life is worth more to me than 20% success. If you can't do it 100% in a dojo, no matter how hard your attacker/training buddy goes, then it probably won't work even 10% on the street.

You can not reach these points if the attacker is genuinely tackling you. By the time you can attack these points at full speed, your feet are off the floor and you are headed for mat rash. The thing that Evan and his buddies don't seem to understand, and it's taught by every teacher of Dim Mak type arts is that the most important thing in any technique is your posture. If your posture is off, then your so called Kyusho technique will NOT work.

The evidence of the above statement is there for all to see on the Kyusho DVDs that Evan sells. If you watch the parts where the Good Ol' Boys club comes together to bash the living bejayzus out of the poor suckers who obviously know no better, you will see "Masters" and "Grand Masters" rocking back on their heels. You will see techniques against grabs fail to the point that the GM in question is inKlined to bash his Uke to the floor.

So it's ok to be able to show this stuff, when the attacker is standing there in position, but to do it in motion, means you have to be able to maintain your postural integrity up to the point where the attacker hits the ground. It must work under pressure, exactly the same or better than it did as "hit 1, hit 2, hit 3" etc. Any lapse or failure in any part of the technique, before the attacker hits the ground can put you in harms way, rather than take you out of it.

--Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
You are wrong on a number of counts.
Pantazzi makes extensive use of kata and traiing combinations.
Since my first class my instructor has told us - you need a delivery system. His exact words "delivery system".

Well then unless Evan has changed his way of thinking since he sent me packing, I would have to assume that the term "delivery system" is down to your instructor. Whilst I was a member of KI, we were always told by the big man, just do the drills.

So your advice would be, hit them as lightly as possible to get the KO?

Well much as I hate to admit it, I have been sat down with the gentlest of rubs. No pain, no sting, no slap, just a rub. Since then I have met biff and bash artists, and true masters of pressure point combat. The point I was trying to get across was how they changed their song.

It used to be all about the technique, because true technique works!!
Now, it's like, don't worry about technique just smash 'em till they drop.
And as I said, that advice, I can get in any boxing school, and the beauty of boxing schools is, they don't charge an arm and a leg to share their knowledge with you.

From my first Kyusho class my instructor has taught us that pain is not important and should not be relied on to make the technique work. Pain is sometimes a by-product of a properly applied technique.

That's excellent! May I ask you who he is? He obviously has not brought into the whole, "hurt them and they'll stop" thing.

Like an immunization, some people cry when they see the needle and some people don't seem to notice the injection at all... but they both got the medicine.

I can't argue with this, but do keep in mind that some people are truley only affected by the barest minimum of points. Meaning that a lot of the places that you will attempt to create some kind of nerve facillitation, will not work on any level. The KI guys will tell you otherwise.

This part, I can agree with.
Was that the statement I made regarding the use of pressure points, or that it was my $0.02 worth? :D

--Dave

Latest Discussions