bad kyusho acting

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score

Sorry guys the one above is pretty good acting for the defence against a guy who likes you legs so much he is hugging them. This one has the poor acting in it.

Cheers
Sammy:asian:

Last edited by a moderator:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mod Note

Thread moved to Horror Stories.

Mike Slosek
MT Supermod

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
the second one, I think I agree with you. the way that guy flops onto his bck is unusual and does not demonstrate the proper body reaction to those strikes.

however the first video, the strikes to the back... I've felt that technique and it is nasty.

as far as "hugging the legs"...
I'm not sure of you've ever tried to teach a technique to a group of people, but when you are teaching you need to go through it slowly, with that attacker possibly even stopping sometimes so that you can explain the finer points of the technique. So that is why it appears that the attacker is simply hugging the legs. That video is a teaching demonstration, not an exhibition of how to apply the technique full-speed.

MALibrarian

White Belt
Reaction score
It's not so much the fact that the attacker has stopped as it is the body position of the defender in relation to the attacker while displaying the technique.

If the attacker has a grip on the backs of your thighs and you are still upright, all they need to do is keep driving forward, pull in and lift and you will go down before you know what hit you. On the other hand, if you sprawl (or react before they shoot in and step off line while cross facing) then you will have a chance to get the strike in question off. But that demonstration is a little bit unrealistic, even for a slow motion demonstration.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
WOW, Not sure. I would truly have to feel this.......

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
the second one, I think I agree with you. the way that guy flops onto his bck is unusual and does not demonstrate the proper body reaction to those strikes.

however the first video, the strikes to the back... I've felt that technique and it is nasty.

as far as "hugging the legs"...
I'm not sure of you've ever tried to teach a technique to a group of people, but when you are teaching you need to go through it slowly, with that attacker possibly even stopping sometimes so that you can explain the finer points of the technique. So that is why it appears that the attacker is simply hugging the legs. That video is a teaching demonstration, not an exhibition of how to apply the technique full-speed.

Remember one thing. Inorder for this sort of tap crap to even have a chance of working you must set up the person using other points (the cycle of destruction etc etc). In a seminar it is easy to have all of those attending do various drills on each other thus setting up the points in advance so that when the instructor (Evan Pantazi in this case) does a technique they just have to finish it off and they look great doing it. I have logged on to the kyusho international forum twice and both times I got kicked off within 24 hours. Evan wrote once that 2 guys from the Miletich camp came to train with him and couldn't believe how easy it was yet they left and didn't add it to their arsenal. Why? Well Evan said that they weren't ready to accept that pressure points were better than what they were learning. I say it's because without the sterile dojo environment the tippy tap pressure points are rendered useless and dangerous. If you want to use pressure points use them but hit them hard and if you miss or they don't work your technique works regardless. Also the reason I brought up the MMA guys is because that sort of tackle would be something you would come acroos regularly in that kind of competition.

That's all 4 now
Cheers
Sam:asian:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Remember one thing. Inorder for this sort of tap crap to even have a chance of working you must set up the person using other points (the cycle of destruction etc etc).

Actually, the guys at KI do not teach the destructive cycle (any more).

and "taps" are just for training.

-DC

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, the guys at KI do not teach the destructive cycle (any more).

and "taps" are just for training.

-DC

So what you are saying is that you can just hit one point and the person will fall down? So all evan had to do was slap the guys back and he would have fallen over? Is the elemental theory is wrong or do KI have another way of teaching the same thing? I have seen pressure points fail too often. I wouldn't rely on any technique that doesn't work with out pressure points. For example the slapping of the back is just a rubbish technique without pressure points and given that there are a lot of variables that can effect the outcome of a pressure point strike why risk your life on such a silly technique. By all means if you are striking someones face aim for st5 or whatever because if you miss is doesn't matter as the strike will be effective and have an outcome in your favour. Don't do silly techniques just to utilise pressure points as you will just get hurt no matter how effective it seems in the dojo.

Cheers

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that you can just hit one point and the person will fall down? So all evan had to do was slap the guys back and he would have fallen over?

No, I'm saying that in the KI sessions I attend, they have stopped teaching the elemental cycles. These other things you say are your own ideas, or words you are trying to put in my mouth so that you can disagree with them? LOL no, that is not what I am saying. Do you beleive that using the elemental destructive cycle this technique would be effective?

Do I believe it is possible to cause a physical/mental disassociation with one blow? Yes. Is that what is going on in this clip? No. What you don't know about this particular technique is that there are earleir strikes that set it up, which are not shown on this video clip.

Do you think it is necessary to sequence multiple points (on or off the destructive cycle) to cause a physical/mental disassociation?

Is the elemental theory is wrong or do KI have another way of teaching the same thing?

I don't know nearly enough to say if it is "wrong" however I have heard it described as "not necessary".

I have seen pressure points fail too often. I wouldn't rely on any technique that doesn't work with out pressure points. For example the slapping of the back is just a rubbish technique without pressure points and given that there are a lot of variables that can effect the outcome of a pressure point strike why risk your life on such a silly technique. By all means if you are striking someones face aim for st5 or whatever because if you miss is doesn't matter as the strike will be effective and have an outcome in your favour.

Like if you miss and punch the crown of their head and break your hand? My point is, any technique can be scewed up and not have an outcome in your favor.

Don't do silly techniques just to utilise pressure points as you will just get hurt no matter how effective it seems in the dojo.

Cheers

That, in a nutshell, is the difference between Dillman's group and KI.

MALibrarian

White Belt
Reaction score
Do I believe it is possible to cause a physical/mental disassociation with one blow? Yes.

Might I ask what you mean by this? It's a usage of terminology I am not familiar with.

Thank you in advance!

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"Physical / Mental Disassociation"

"KO'd" but not necessarily unconcious. dazed. stunned. brain and body can't find each other. It's a term I lifted from somebody who probably has much more detailed technical definition. Unconcious may be the most extreme state of PMD lol.

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Do I believe it is possible to cause a physical/mental disassociation with one blow? Yes. Is that what is going on in this clip? No. What you don't know about this particular technique is that there are earleir strikes that set it up, which are not shown on this video clip.

Do you think it is necessary to sequence multiple points (on or off the destructive cycle) to cause a physical/mental disassociation?

I don't know nearly enough to say if it is "wrong" however I have heard it described as "not necessary".

Like if you miss and punch the crown of their head and break your hand? My point is, any technique can be scewed up and not have an outcome in your favor.

That, in a nutshell, is the difference between Dillman's group and KI.

I have seen the drills KI teach at each level and they are dangerous and the techniques do rely soley on pressure points to work as if you miss the points there is nothing behind them.

Also if the technique that evan did was using strikes to set it up then there has to be some kind of theory behind it. What theory do they use and how is it better or more effective that the elemental cycles? Hence if you miss just one point during the set up phase the technique is useless and you end up flat on your back getting pounded. That means that the technique he is doing is wholely relying on points as I don't know one person who is from an art that doesn't utilise pressure points that would do that.

Cheers

Cheers
Sam

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know one person who is from an art that doesn't utilise pressure points that would do that.

Cheers

Cheers
Sam

"I don't care who you are, that's funny." I don't know one person from an art that doesn't use pressure points that would use pressure points either LOL

If your technique is "punch in the head" and you miss the head, does your technique work? What is your back up hahaha

You are really missing the point of how these combinations are used to teach the PRINCIPLES of kyusho manipulation. Sure you can analyze any video or videos of anyone teaching or demonstrating combination(s) and find any number of ways to say "that wouldn't work" under whatever imaginable circumstance. But what you would miss by doing that would be the underlying idea... one idea in this particular clip being that there are points accessible in the back that can weaken the legs and disrupt the balance.

I don't know how Pantazzi develops his combinations for teaching Kyusho principles. I don't know if he uses elemental sequences or if his father teaches it to him in dreams or if he got them form old chinese forms. it doesn't matter because they are useful for teaching what he wants to teach.

When we learn the Kyusho principles at my school, we ue them to enhance our Kempo techniques. Do you see how your position about "nothing behind them" is mistaken?

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
"I don't care who you are, that's funny." I don't know one person from an art that doesn't use pressure points that would use pressure points either LOL

If your technique is "punch in the head" and you miss the head, does your technique work? What is your back up hahaha

You are really missing the point of how these combinations are used to teach the PRINCIPLES of kyusho manipulation. Sure you can analyze any video or videos of anyone teaching or demonstrating combination(s) and find any number of ways to say "that wouldn't work" under whatever imaginable circumstance. But what you would miss by doing that would be the underlying idea... one idea in this particular clip being that there are points accessible in the back that can weaken the legs and disrupt the balance.

I don't know how Pantazzi develops his combinations for teaching Kyusho principles. I don't know if he uses elemental sequences or if his father teaches it to him in dreams or if he got them form old chinese forms. it doesn't matter because they are useful for teaching what he wants to teach.

When we learn the Kyusho principles at my school, we ue them to enhance our Kempo techniques. Do you see how your position about "nothing behind them" is mistaken?

If he is utilizing old forms then the elemental sequence is in play. I can see where yoy are coming from but a lot of the techniques he teaches along with the drills to develop them are flawed. All I am saying is that if you perform a block for example then regardless of whether you are aiming to strike points the block should be strong enough to stop what it is trying to stop. I'm not sure you understand where i am coming from.

Cheers

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

From what I can see, having trained in the methods of KI and others, is that Evin Pantsnasty claims that you can learn effective kyusho techniques using his method of teaching. That is, you don't need to learn katas or technique combinations, you just need to practise the drills that point the way to the pressure points and the rest takes care of its self. Now I've trained at this crap (KI/ Dillman) with all manner of experienced fighters, and I've been known to enjoy the occassional stoush myself :)
The thing they continually leave out is the fact that no matter who you are, or what little secrets you use, you must have a delivery system!!
The thing I find most amusing about these knuckle heads is that in their early days, they raved about the lack of force required to KO someone. These days they tell you to "just keep on hitting till he falls down."
Well, thank you very much!!
I can get that advice from any boxing school anywhere in the world. Also the amount of faith they have in their techs that incur pain. Now I don't know too many people who can stand there while everything is calm and stand against a well placed finger lock or other tech designed to introduce you to a whole new world of hurt. But take those same "puppets on a string" and put them in a highly adrenalised state, and you can break their fingers while they are punching holes in the side of your head.. I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.
I believe that PP work, but only with a principle based delivery system. The guy that you lifted physical/mental disassociation from will tell you, "If it needs pain to work, then it is bound to fail!"

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what any of us believe. If you believe that pressure points work in combat, then use them or find out how to... If you think they won't help you in a blue, then don't even think about going after them, just keep hitting the badguy until he drops.

Anyhoo, that's my 0.02 worth.

--Dave

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From what I can see, having trained in the methods of KI and others, is that Evin Pantsnasty claims that you can learn effective kyusho techniques using his method of teaching. That is, you don't need to learn katas or technique combinations, you just need to practise the drills that point the way to the pressure points and the rest takes care of its self. Now I've trained at this crap (KI/ Dillman) with all manner of experienced fighters, and I've been known to enjoy the occassional stoush myself :)
The thing they continually leave out is the fact that no matter who you are, or what little secrets you use, you must have a delivery system!!

You are wrong on a number of counts.
Pantazzi makes extensive use of kata and traiing combinations.
Since my first class my instructor has told us - you need a delivery system. His exact words "delivery system".

The thing I find most amusing about these knuckle heads is that in their early days, they raved about the lack of force required to KO someone. These days they tell you to "just keep on hitting till he falls down."
Well, thank you very much!!

So your advice would be, hit them as lightly as possible to get the KO?

I can get that advice from any boxing school anywhere in the world. Also the amount of faith they have in their techs that incur pain. Now I don't know too many people who can stand there while everything is calm and stand against a well placed finger lock or other tech designed to introduce you to a whole new world of hurt. But take those same "puppets on a string" and put them in a highly adrenalised state, and you can break their fingers while they are punching holes in the side of your head.. I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.
I believe that PP work, but only with a principle based delivery system. The guy that you lifted physical/mental disassociation from will tell you, "If it needs pain to work, then it is bound to fail!"

From my first Kyusho class my instructor has taught us that pain is not important and should not be relied on to make the technique work. Pain is sometimes a by-product of a properly applied technique.

Like an immunization, some people cry when they see the needle and some people don't seem to notice the injection at all... but they both got the medicine.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what any of us believe. If you believe that pressure points work in combat, then use them or find out how to... If you think they won't help you in a blue, then don't even think about going after them, just keep hitting the badguy until he drops.

Anyhoo, that's my 0.02 worth.

--Dave

This part, I can agree with.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

-Mike Slosek
-MT Super Moderator-

Latest Discussions