Back in the Saddle Again...Again

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
The internet is a wild and wonderful thing.

During weeks 9-12 of my P90X3/Insanity Max 30 hybrid, I am supposed to do two workouts, which are called Complex Upper and Complex Lower. They did not come with my P90X3 DVD set. I looked on Team Beachbody's website and it turns out you can order a DVD that includes those two workouts, plus a third one, for the ridiculous price of $60!!!!!!!

So you know what I did?

I Googled it up, baby!

I typed in, "What exercises are in P90X3 Complex Upper and Complex Lower?" The first result I got were the workout sheets for those DVDs, which were in PDF format. I saved them and printed out 4 copies of each workout sheet. BOOM! Internet just helped me save $60! Now all I have to do is get the visual representation of each exercise because some of the names are foreign to me. Kinda hard to do the exercise if you have no idea what the hell its name implies!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
During weeks 9-12 of my P90X3/Insanity Max 30 hybrid, I am supposed to do two workouts, which are called Complex Upper and Complex Lower. They did not come with my P90X3 DVD set. I looked on Team Beachbody's website and it turns out you can order a DVD that includes those two workouts, plus a third one, for the ridiculous price of $60!!!!!!!
Didn't you hear that you can't learn from DVD's? You need a live instructor. ;)

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am only one-third of the way through my P90X3/Insanity Max 30 hybrid. However, I already know what program I am doing next. It's called Insanity: the Asylum Volume 2. The other day I had some free time so I decided to watch the videos and see what I had ahead of me. Each workout was 45 minutes or longer, and the moves look nightmarishly brutal.

Can't wait to try it!!!

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Made it to the dietitian last Saturday. She gave me a plan to follow. It is more like a foundation than a strict plan telling me what to eat and when. There are several options in several categories, so it is up to me to pick what I like. As for the timing of when I eat, that will be trial and error.

Yesterday was day 1, and I think I timed all my eating pretty spot on. Never found myself getting even the slightest bit hungry, let alone ravenously so.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Insanity Max 30 is still kicking my butt...or my calves, I should say. The warm-up consists of 5 moves done for 30 seconds each. 3 of those 5 are jumping jack moves. 2 of them are done in a row. So it cycles like this:

ROUND 1
Chest opener jacks
Jack uppercuts
1-2-3- touch the knee
Cross jacks
High knee jab

Then you go through those 5 again. For some reason, my calves STILL give out by the second repetition of Jack Uppercuts. I've been doing the program for 38 days. You would think they would have toughened up by now. It makes it so I have to take a rest only 3 minutes into the workout. Pathetic!

So last night, I decided to cut myself some slack. If I have to take a break, so be it. HOWEVER, I can't take too long of a break. It can be no longer than 5-10 seconds, and I am going to reserve the 10 second break for later in the workout (say, past the 15 minute mark), when I know I will have burned up a lot of the gas in the tank.

Can't wait to jump back in!

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Woo hoo! I tried my little system of giving myself only 5-10 second breaks, and that SOB worked!

Latest Discussions