Armadillos

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*snickers*

when I was over at NASA in Florida, I saw some 'dillos by the side of the road.. thought at first they were rocks .. but then the rock uncurled itself and scampered off.. most fun to see~!

T

TheRustyOne

aww!

...i nearly hit a snappin turtle on the side of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway when I was heading down to visit Fluffy from my place before...ugly beasts. Armadillos are much cuter!

E

edhead2000

When my parents lived in Oklahoma, they went tent camping once and my mom woke up in the middle of the night to find an armadillo snuggled up with them. Needless to say it freaked her out and they spent the rest of the night in their vw bug :) hehe.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
aww!

...i nearly hit a snappin turtle on the side of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway when I was heading down to visit Fluffy from my place before...ugly beasts. Armadillos are much cuter!

I likes Box turbles.. they's nice :)

Those signs on the Greenway amuse me..

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by edhead2000
When my parents lived in Oklahoma, they went tent camping once and my mom woke up in the middle of the night to find an armadillo snuggled up with them. Needless to say it freaked her out and they spent the rest of the night in their vw bug :) hehe.

oh myyy.. heheee.. that's very funny~!!
wonder if 'Dillos have teeth?

E

edhead2000

I think that might be a reason why we never went tent camping as much as I wanted to when I was little........hmm......they'd always pitch it in the backyard for me though!:)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
uhhh dat's an Anteater..
oh Aardvarks are neato too

Armadillos eat many bugs that are dangerous to garden plants. But they also dig for insects, so they can ruin your grassy yard. They like to live in forests, but can live anywhere that’s warm and has beetles and grubs (worm-like baby beetles) to eat. Armadillos do have teeth, but they don’t bite much. Their long, sharp digging claws can be dangerous. They make a lot of noise while looking for food. They walk along at 1 mile/hour (that’s slow!) with their nose in the leaves sniffing for beetles. Their nose leaves a trail in the ground that you can follow. They can smell a grub 8 inches underground! When they find one, they dig a golf-ball-sized hole to get it out. Look for these food holes in the woods.

9 banded Armadillos

E

edhead2000

Oooh, aardvarks and anteaters..........I really need a bigger back yard!!

T

TheRustyOne

teehee! oopsies!

Aww! we all need 'dillos so we don't haveta use pesticide!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
look at those Claws~!!!

Attachments

• $armadillojump.jpg
    $armadillojump.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 106
T

TheRustyOne

awww. *giggles* cute baby dillos

eek! stayin away from thems claws!

T

TheRustyOne

teehee! they doo!

ooh! theys bald! *gets some feathers for them*

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Giant Armadillo

Head and body length: 75 — 100 cm
Tail length: 50 cm
Weight: Up to 60 kg in captivity; reported field weights from 18.7 — 32.3 kg.

P. maximus has scant hairs, and is generally dark brown with a white band on the edge of the shell. There are 11 to 13 movable bands on the shell, and 3 to 4 on the back of the neck. The carapace is very flexible. P. maximus possesses large claws on the forefeet; the largest one, found on the 3rd toe, measures 203 mm along the curve. These animals are remarkably different from the standard mammalian tooth pattern, possessing up to 100 teeth, which are shed as the animal ages. Females have two mammae.
Habitat

Attachments

• $p_maximus.jpg
    $p_maximus.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 93