Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yay! Football season has returned :) First college games happened this past weekend and the NFL starts its regular season this coming weekend. Aside from hockey, its my favorite sport! yay!

Any early season predictions for the NFL? How about major college bowls this year? What teams will you be following?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's really tough being a Bills fan in the heart of New England. :D

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am so psyched for the start of the season.

Cardinals and the Raiders may have a great year.

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
They will have their turn :) I had many years of heartache being a Carolina Panthers fan :)

Many years of being a Panther's fan?? How long have they been in the league??? Oh well, I guess it's all relative. It least you got the Hurricanes..

Go PATS! (sorry Carol ;-)

Agreed..Hockey and Football!

For College football I must say in the last couple of year I've become a big fan and follower of the rising Uconn Huskies..Brand new to Div 1-A and doing pretty good..Blowing out the teams they should and hanging pretty tough with the team the should lose to. I expect them to continue to rise.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many years of being a Panther's fan?? How long have they been in the league??? Oh well, I guess it's all relative. It least you got the Hurricanes..

Agreed..Hockey and Football!

For College football I must say in the last couple of year I've become a big fan and follower of the rising Uconn Huskies..Brand new to Div 1-A and doing pretty good..Blowing out the teams they should and hanging pretty tough with the team the should lose to. I expect them to continue to rise.

Panthers been around a little over 10 years. Spent a bit of time in the cellar. Not too bad though, compared to some other teams :) I've been watching hockey since the Raleigh Ice Caps (AHL) played, so I was thrilled to see the Canes win it.

Uconn has had some great basketball in the recent past. I'll enjoy seeing them play some football!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Awww, don't be sorry Todd! I love the Pats, as long as they aren't playing Buffalo. :D :D

I actually think the Pats have a good shot at going all the way this year...now that the team has recovered from so many different injuries.

I guess I'll just have to watch and find out :D :D

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I predict I'll be watching something else.

Jeff

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
GIANTS fan here....we'll see if Eli can do anything this year....

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A big HELL YES! Here's to Rutgers making another bowl run (hopefully a little closer to NJ) and to the NY football Giants making another run for the NFC East - and hopefully make it through the first round of the playoffs this year.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
During the off season I play a lot of Madden, NCAA, and Arena Football on PS2. I am all about watching football. To me it is the best and most fun sport to watch.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well, the Pats first game is against Buffalo.....

GO PATS! :)

yeah I know...I'm bracing myself...

I can't believe I'm on a board run by folks from BUFFALO and I'm all alone here! C'mon where are the western New Yorkers? Bob? Datu Tim? Someone back me up here please!!! :D

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
A big HELL YES! Here's to Rutgers making another bowl run (hopefully a little closer to NJ) and to the NY football Giants making another run for the NFC East - and hopefully make it through the first round of the playoffs this year.

well, they beat UNC, not that thats saying much though LOL

I feel for Duke... they got beat by Richmond, a Div II-A school! And got shut out!

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah I know...I'm bracing myself...

I can't believe I'm on a board run by folks from BUFFALO and I'm all alone here! C'mon where are the western New Yorkers? Bob? Datu Tim? Someone back me up here please!!! :D

I think this guy is on your side, but he is in "protection program" in Arizona.

Attachments

• $norwood.jpg
    $norwood.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 126

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was going to NOT watch so much football this fall, but matchups like last weeks FSU v. Miami and this weeks Ohio State v. Texas keep pulling me back in.

Latest Discussions