favorite video game genre, or favorite franchise

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like playing the Madden football, NBA 2k, NCAA football, Street Fighter series, and the UFC/Pride titles. I can't leave out the Smackdown Series as well.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Definitely Madden for me, although I don't play it nearly as much as I used to. It's probably been a few months since I last played Madden. Every once in a while I gotta challenge my oldest boy, to make sure I still have it. :)

I haven't played the UFC/Pride titles, are they much different than the pro-wrestling games? I never really liked those much.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really enjoy the Need for Speed games and most of the Resident Evil series.

And Halo.

Jeff

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Though I'm not a console gamer by any stretch, my 2 favorites would be Grand Turismo and Virtual Fighter.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Age of Empires / Age of Kings and the like ....

I've spent entirely too much time playing 'The Battle For Middle Earth'.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm awfully fond of the horror survival genre. Games such as Kuon, Silent Hill, The Suffering, etc.

When I get too scared, though, it's Spyro or Crash for me.

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Definitely Madden for me, although I don't play it nearly as much as I used to. It's probably been a few months since I last played Madden. Every once in a while I gotta challenge my oldest boy, to make sure I still have it. :)

I haven't played the UFC/Pride titles, are they much different than the pro-wrestling games? I never really liked those much.

Yeah,
the 2 UFC/Pride games are very much like the smackdown series. The training modes are what make them different. Not great, however not bad either.

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Star Wars, all the way. Short of that, I'll be very content with Kingdom Hearts, except the horrible gameboy version they did...

Latest Discussions