Are competitive Sport Martial Artists superior?

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
They're not what?

LoL @ "protocol". Unlike one step sparring that you're probably used to, positioning isn't based on a perfect set of circumstances, it's based on fairly universal principles.

Hence why in situations like this;

The principles still apply.
This looked set up, seriously it looks as if it started as slap boxing. Lmao

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and that vid oroves nothing, i knocked a bigger tougher guy than that over 19 months ago with a lot more damaged caused to him,

im quite confident i could have lnocked that one over as well

that of course doesnt prove that karate is king and i could fight before i joined

And you've missed the point completely. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive seen that before, which one are you claiming does bjj?

Neither one of them does Bjj. The point is inferior versus dominant position, and how it's a universal principle.

The point once again flies over your head.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Neither one of them does Bjj. The point is inferior versus dominant position, and how it's a universal principle.

The point once again flies over your head.
so it had no relivabce at all then? any one koosing a fight ends up in an inferior pistion eventially, its called loosing

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so it had no relivabce at all then? any one koosing a fight ends up in an inferior pistion eventially, its called loosing

If you actually watched the video, you would have seen that the person holding the dominant positioning shifted multiple times, with it eventually going to the person with the weight advantage. Once his position was established, he could throw blows onto the person in the inferior position uncontested without much hope of reprisal from the person on the bottom.

Bringing this back to the eye poke stuff, if you're in an inferior position like that poor fool at the gas station, your potential for blinding the person on top of you is minuscule next to the potential of the person on top giving you brain damage. That is a universal principle whether you're fighting some fat trucker, or a Bjj black belt.

And that gents is the crux of Bjj. It teaches you how to retain and/or restore a dominant position, which greatly reduces your chances of being in an inferior position, which in turn reduces your chances of "losing" a fight.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you actually watched the video, you would have seen that the person holding the dominant positioning shifted multiple times, with it eventually going to the person with the weight advantage. Once his position was established, he could throw blows onto the person in the inferior position uncontested without much hope of reprisal from the person on the bottom.

Bringing this back to the eye poke stuff, if you're in an inferior position like that poor fool at the gas station, your potential for blinding the person on top of you is minuscule next to the potential of the person on top giving you brain damage.

And that gents is the crux of Bjj. It teaches you how to retain and/or restore a dominant position, which greatly reduces your chances of being in an inferior position, which in turn reduces your chances of "losing" a fight.
well a fat lad beat up a skinny, lad , it more of an afvert for beer and hamburgers than it is for bjj principals

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well a fat lad beat up a skinny, lad , it more of an afvert for beer and hamburgers than it is for bjj principals

And if the skinny lad knew Bjj, he likely wouldn't have ended up on the bottom eating those punches to the face. When he had the mount near the start of their brawl, he would have known how to retain it, and not get rolled off so easily.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And if the skinny lad knew Bjj, he likely wouldn't have ended up on the bottom eating those punches to the face. When he had the mount near the start of their brawl, he would have known how to retain it, and not get rolled off so easily.
i can argue, if he had done weight training that night have helped as well, boxing, karate

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i can argue, if he had done weight training that night have helped as well, boxing, karate

Those certainly would have helped, but not as much as understanding how to retain or restore a dominant position.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I freaking love this, this is something, those who have only done competitive fighting will never understand.

This ground fighting, on asphalt, is simply a meat grinder on your body. No one comes out on top.

Only if it is an equal fight. If they are knee riding you. Then you provide quite the comfortable buffer between them and the asphalt.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
your clueless about real world violence, your no better than, than the hobby ma you like to ridicule

there not rryibf to win a fight, they are trying to kill you failing that to maim ,

the protocol you want them to follow is not to attack from an inferior postion, and that whhen they will attacked hardest and wish to cause the most damage, if they are winning there no point going for the eyes,

Yeah but they are wasting their time mostly, because they don't have mechanical advantage. If instead of escaping they thrash then their chances of winning go down.

This is in any fight from a play around to a death match.

You might get away with it but there are a hundred other things you could be doing.

In a fight to the death, if this happens there is no amount of intent or willpower or escalation that will save you.

Unconscious is a person literally unable to defend themselves further.

Which is a much more accurate simulation of a life or death fight than this.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Ok. Escalation from an inferior postion and why it can work against you.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. Escalation from an inferior postion and why it can work against you.

Universal principles folks.

Btw, don’t threaten someone on your back bashing your head in from behind. That’s a fast way to end up with hamburger brains.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah but they are wasting their time mostly, because they don't have mechanical advantage. If instead of escaping they thrash then their chances of winning go down.

This is in any fight from a play around to a death match.

You might get away with it but there are a hundred other things you could be doing.

In a fight to the death, if this happens there is no amount of intent or willpower or escalation that will save you.

Unconscious is a person literally unable to defend themselves further.

Which is a much more accurate simulation of a life or death fight than this.
how much mechanical advantage, i suspect you mean presure, does it take to damage a blob of membrain with water in it?, im betting less than a grape, but your the one quoting science so you tell me ?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
how much mechanical advantage, i suspect you mean presure, does it take to damage a blob of membrain with water in it?, im betting less than a grape, but your the one quoting science so you tell me ?

A fair bit if the head isn't supported and moving and the eye is closed.

More than a grape.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
im not even entering to your fantasy you tube world, either acticulate your points with out visual aids or forget it
Okay

Downward elbows are more effective than pretty much anything you can throw from the bottom.

So your ahah moment becomes a competition you are likely to loose.