anyone know these techniques

tigdra

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am searching for anyone that might know these techniques.

- Retreating from the Horizon -
- Chinese Scimitar -
- Black Mat -
- Kung Fu #1, #2, #3, #4 -

I have a different set of notes, and i would like to cross reference them with someone that might have notes similar to mine.

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
tigdra said:

- Chinese Scimitar -
- Black Mat -

I have a different set of notes, and i would like to cross reference them with someone that might have notes similar to mine.
Could you post an example of how the techs are executed. It may help some.

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
tigdra said:

- Chinese Scimitar -
- Black Mat -

I am quite sure the first two are Tracy Kenpo techniques, since I have a friend who runs a Tracy school here in town.

Not sure about the next two - although again, the Tracy's have kept a large component of the Chinese Kung Fu influences in Kenpo.

Jamie Seabrook

www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

OP
T

tigdra

Green Belt
Reaction score
ahhhh just wrote the techniques took me half an hour and it didn't post it!!!!!

I will write them later sorry

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
tigdra said:
ahhhh just wrote the techniques took me half an hour and it didn't post it!!!!!

I will write them later sorry
I did'nt mean for you to write the entire techs. I meant maybe post what the attack is for each one and elaborate a little. LOL!

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think they are all Tracy tech.
I remember Retreat from the Horizon. If I remember correctly its an atack from a right hammerlock. You might want to look in the archive section at kenponet. You might find the techs there.

Brian Jones

OP
T

tigdra

Green Belt
Reaction score
Retreating from the horizon: hammer lock

Move: step back left, left elbow to face as you countergrab opponent's wrist. step foward left, turn 180 degree to face opponent, circle opponent's hand, step back right, pull opponent's wrist downward as you right snap kick to the armpit

Chinese Scimitar: right punch

Move: step left, to left 45 degree, perform scimitar block. right four-knuckle rake to ribs as you cross step, right over left, spin 180 degree, left chop to opponent's ribs. right thrust kick to the back of opponent's right knee right elbow sandwich to head, right back-knuckle rake to mastoid left palm to mastoid.

My sensei was a pupil of both tracy and parker before parker branched off. I know my sensei promoted 25 black belts before he passed away so i am pretty sure there must be some one out there with similar notes to compare with.

I am a 3rd degree black belt, I study with one of my late master's sensei but i just wanted to see if anyone out there knew these techniques. I pick these techniques cause I have looked through tracy's and parker's techniques and neither of them have these names. tracy's names are similar to the names of my style but the movements are somewhat different. sometimes too different.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Tracy's organization eliminated Retreating From the Horizon as a separate self defense technique a few years ago. They still teach the technique, but it is referred to as the second variation of Passing the Horizon.

R

Raven001

Retreating from the Horizon is Passing the Horizon
Scimitar is a move in orange belt in Tracy Kenpo but never heard of Chinese Scimitar. It starts out similar to Whirling Warrior(B) except we spin almost 360 then do the kick, back knuckle and palm no sandwich