Any other Atheist here?

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if their are any other Atheists on this board? How do you deal with the more metaphysical aspects of martial arts? What type of martial arts are interesting to you and why? Anything else that would make good conversation would be great!

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was wondering if their are any other Atheists on this board? How do you deal with the more metaphysical aspects of martial arts? What type of martial arts are interesting to you and why? Anything else that would make good conversation would be great!

I am an atheist. I have no ideas concerning metaphysical aspects of martial arts. I study American Kenpo because I feel better leaving the mat than I do entering the mat. It's that simple.

OP
Ram

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So your theism is science.

ugghhh. Do I have to go through this on every board I go to.

O.k. A Theist someone who beliefs in a God. Science a tool used by man to understand the Universe. Atheist some one who dose not see enough evidence to believe in one. Atheist are attracted to science because to us it is our best bet at understanding life. You can twist words all day to make it seem like atheism is a "scientism religion" or some other buzz word but the only people who do that are people who are afraid of atheism. Now I would be happy to talk to anyone one on one about my atheism but this thread was suppose to be for me to chat with other atheist or people with non trolling intentions.

OP
Ram

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What is this "I" you refer to?

:)

"I" to me is the bunch of smaller parts that came together to form me temporarily but will soon enough dissipate into another form when I die.
Abstact ideas are very different and scientificlly supported compared to throwing Chi balls.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me a troll? Any assumtion based on science is a theism. You are placing your faith in the idea that your answers lie in science.

OP
Ram

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am an atheist. I have no ideas concerning metaphysical aspects of martial arts. I study American Kenpo because I feel better leaving the mat than I do entering the mat. It's that simple.

Thanks for the answer:) Short but to the point.

OP
Ram

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Considering my question was

Yes you are a troll.

You are placing your faith in the idea that your answers lie in science.

In the same way that science allowed me to get safe stomach surgery. Allowed man to fly and go to the moon. It has not done me wrong so far. Psychology and sociology give me morals and ethics. To me their really is no point looking for more unless for the sake of conversation with a alien being.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Lets refrain from starting the name calling in this thread. The discussion here could really be interesting and I for one would like to see how it plays out.

Certainly we can discuss this with some civility.

I for one am unclear as to what I am. I believe in spirituality but unsure if I believe in God as it has been explained to me.

Count me amoungst the confused and wondering. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering my question was

Yes you are a troll.

In the same way that science allowed me to get safe stomach surgery. Allowed man to fly and go to the moon. It has not done me wrong so far. Psychology and sociology give me morals and ethics. To me their really is no point looking for more unless for the sake of conversation with a alien being.
Theism doesn't require alien worship. It is just an unproven belief system.
sean

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me a troll? Any assumtion based on science is a theism. You are placing your faith in the idea that your answers lie in science.

Theism denotes belief in a personal God, intelligence or mind which in some way determines the ordering of events in the universe, or at least did so at some point in time. Science posits constraints that hold among measurable dynamical variable in the universe, e.g. conservation of energy or the exclusion principle prohibiting on two or more particle sharing the same quantum numbers, or... and you're saying these two points of view are the same?

Latest Discussions