Any hockey fans?

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched the whole game now... Stupid Bergeron... Stupid squashing his own goalie defenceman... If Conklin's between the pipes, this is going to be a very short SC finals... :( I sincerely hope I'm wrong in that regard. I really felt for him with that last screw up of his, but that was poor even for a school boy error...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow :) Great game. Markkanen, the new goalie, did not play too bad, considering the shots he faced the the onslaught of power plays. Ward/Roalie would not have done much better. I was suprised by the amount of power plays though. I hate it when games get chippy at the end of a blowout. One team is down 3 or 4 and they just start hitting for the sake of hitting. Reeks too much of the old clutch and grab NHL.

anyways, I'm excited to see how the series will go once they get to Edmonton. I am not betting on a sweep, but like I said, I'd not be suprised either.

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was gutted when I heard the score... Come on the Oil, make a series out of this. Take them to 7, then we'll see who has the biggest.... bottle. ;)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm..yeah,that was hard to watch.

I really hope the Oil can get it together for Sat. nights game. They were reeking out there,kinda gave me a nice homey Blackhawk hockey feeling,and that ain't good. Outplayed on every level. Bad,Bad OIL!! :whip: At least make a frickin' series of it...JEEZ.

Hopefully the home crowd will help them turn it around.*keeps fingers crossed*

Is John Davidson starting to wear thin on anyone else? I like his work on MSG...but the SC Finals? *sulks off into the shadows,grumbling*

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know what, a lot of this is coming down to luck as well. Yes, the Oilers abandoned their normally disciplined game in game 2, with all the PP's they took, but every team needs a break once in a while. Look at the first goal in game 2. Nasty deflection, both the goalie and d-man did EXACTLY the right thing, the ricochet could have gone any direction, but went in the net. The shots/stats that the Oil had were on a par with the Canes, but not a oner went in. 1 goal can give a team the lift they need, as we saw with the Canes at the end of the 2nd period in game 1.

That aside, I do believe that the Canes deserve to be where they are. It's up to the Oilers to make a game of it. GO LEAFS GO!! No wait, GO OIL GO!... That's better. ;)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SWEET!!! Now we have a series.

Great game. Big hits and fast action. What's not to love about hockey?

:partyon: :partyon:

The anthems alone were awe-inspiring. Good show,Canada.

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
DAMN! Rexall Building was one noisy place. I thought the Canes building was noisy, those E fans were even more "in yer face". Lol... Let the series commence. :)

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Stupid Oilers! Stupid stupid Oilers! Cryin' outloud. All hail the new Stanley Cup Champions, the Carolina Hurricanes!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, what a hard hitting, fast paced game. Not that much of a high scorer, but those goalies were both awesome. I'd love to see the Canes take it at home now, the crowd would just go bananas! The only thing I'd still enjoy seeing is Staal pick up a few goals finally and Cole make a return, but the Cole thing just won't be happening LOL

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
For cryin' out loud Canada, can you get a team together that can WIN the SC please? Tut... :rolleyes:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, this is what I dislike about EPSN... I've said in the past that the Hurricanes get an unfair shake. They just won the third game. They have their top 10 highlights at the end of the Sportcenter show. What do they show? Two hockey clips. One of Markannen making a save, another of the -1- score the oilers had. I thought the Canes goals were just as awesome, and Ward made just as good saves. OK, show some good saves for the Oilers, but show those for the Canes too :p

Its things like that, and continuing to mention Hartford that really irks alot of Canes fans around here. Its subtle, but consistent... grr...

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
You know, this is what I dislike about EPSN... I've said in the past that the Hurricanes get an unfair shake. They just won the third game. They have their top 10 highlights at the end of the Sportcenter show. What do they show? Two hockey clips. One of Markannen making a save, another of the -1- score the oilers had. I thought the Canes goals were just as awesome, and Ward made just as good saves. OK, show some good saves for the Oilers, but show those for the Canes too :p

Its things like that, and continuing to mention Hartford that really irks alot of Canes fans around here. Its subtle, but consistent... grr...

I hear ya mate. It's the same with the Leafs. I know they're not a popular team with fans of other teams, and I know they have a lot of idiotic fans, and more bandwagoners than a lot of teams, but whenever there are NHL highlights, it's always the Wings, Rangers, Lightning or the Kings that seem to appear. Or bloody Anaheim... What's that about. :rolleyes:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kensai said:
I hear ya mate. It's the same with the Leafs. I know they're not a popular team with fans of other teams, and I know they have a lot of idiotic fans, and more bandwagoners than a lot of teams, but whenever there are NHL highlights, it's always the Wings, Rangers, Lightning or the Kings that seem to appear. Or bloody Anaheim... What's that about. :rolleyes:

I hear that... I see that in all sports though. I don't think its strictly regional, since they seem to cover the Carolina Panthers pretty decently, but they definately have their favorite teams. I just can't see why they spend so much time on baseball right now. wait until the NBA and NHL finals are over for goodness sakes LOL Not being a huge fan of MLB, the summer is a very bland sports period. Hurry up NFL and college football! All I need for a good year is a title for the Carolina Panthers LOL (assuming of course the Hurricanes finish things off)

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
I hear that... I see that in all sports though. I don't think its strictly regional, since they seem to cover the Carolina Panthers pretty decently, but they definately have their favorite teams. I just can't see why they spend so much time on baseball right now. wait until the NBA and NHL finals are over for goodness sakes LOL Not being a huge fan of MLB, the summer is a very bland sports period. Hurry up NFL and college football! All I need for a good year is a title for the Carolina Panthers LOL (assuming of course the Hurricanes finish things off)

Yeah, I'm not too enamoured with baseball either. It's called rounders in the UK, and it's considered a "girls game". *blushes* Sorry.