Any hockey fans?

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who'd a thunk it?!?

I have been holding out for a Game 7 since the start of this series and now we get one..awesome. There's only been what,14 of them in SCF history?

Can anyone else picture Mike Commodore doing a "Haka"?:lol:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Paul B said:
Who'd a thunk it?!?

I have been holding out for a Game 7 since the start of this series and now we get one..awesome. There's only been what,14 of them in SCF history?

The oilers outplayed the Canes in absolutely every facet of the game. Was mentioning to my wife they should have held Cole out until Monday if it came. He seemed OK, but a bit rough around the edges. Those stupid "too many men on ice" penalties were just dumb.

well, 14 game 7's, 12 won by the home team. Its going to be interesting! Only one team in the '40's came back from down 3-1. lets hope it does not happen again LOL...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
The oilers outplayed the Canes in absolutely every facet of the game. Was mentioning to my wife they should have held Cole out until Monday if it came. He seemed OK, but a bit rough around the edges. Those stupid "too many men on ice" penalties were just dumb.

well, 14 game 7's, 12 won by the home team. Its going to be interesting! Only one team in the '40's came back from down 3-1. lets hope it does not happen again LOL...

Others can hope they do come back. ;)

Go Oilers! :D

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, having watched game 6, how bad were the Canes? That's the worst performance I've seen of a SC playing team. Totally flat. Can the Oil stage one of the greatest comebacks in cup history, or will the Canes win it on home ice?

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul B said:
Who'd a thunk it?!?

A Mike Commodore haka would be quite cool, he looks bonkers enough. :) I've seen the New Zealand Ice Blacks doing one, to be honest, it looks a bit cissyish when they do it, there's something about rubgy players that makes me think "you play that game, with little or no pads"? Nutters!

GO LEAFS GO! GO LEAFS GO! GO LEAFS GO!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
:partyon:
go Canes!
:partyon:

They dominated this one... Ward had to make some great saves, but I'm very glad they won it at home! Awesome game, awesome series :) woot!

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
:waah: Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes, Stanley Cup Champions 2006. How far out were we in our predictions from the first few pages... Let's review...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I've enjoyed this thread, and the other hockey threads... the only sad part is I have to wait so long for hockey to play again! I can smile until the season begins though :) On to Football!

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Well, I've enjoyed this thread, and the other hockey threads... the only sad part is I have to wait so long for hockey to play again! I can smile until the season begins though :) On to Football!

No no, onto "rugby". No wait, that's finished too. Blast. What about cricket? There must be some summer tests on?

P.S - I've enjoyed this thread too. Been a doozy. Well done all. ;)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An outstanding job by Carolina. All hail the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions!!!:bow:

As everyone else has said,I have also thoroughly enjoyed this thread..good hockey talk is hard to find.

I have to come up with some nifty Blackhawk avatars in time for next season. I love the Dougie G av,Kensai..it was awesome when he wore the Indianhead sweater here and I was sad to see him go. Great player,that one.

Mr H..hold your head high,my man. First Cup in franchise history and you got to see it..awesome!! Someday,before I leave this mortal plane..I would like to feel the rush from *my* team winning it all..at which I think I have a better chance of seeing God then them winning the cup..but whateryagonnado? There's always "next year". :D :lol:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An outstanding job by Carolina. All hail the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Great series i enjoyed every game
hard hitting with speed skateing and superb puck handeling