An interesting week in the life of the Hnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, its been interesting lately... I got to "teach" my first class when our instructor did not show up a few classes ago. I was senior, and fortunately there were not alot of people, so that was kind of fun LOL. not fully qualified yet, but it was kind of entertaining...

submitted my first draft of my thesis for school, and got somewhat good comments from my advisor, so that was good...

Had a birthday! yay! I made it another year! I got a sword and some nice shuko from my wonderful wife, so that was a pretty great present... starting the weapon collection! yoohoo!

speaking of my wonderful wife, we found out two days ago that she is pregnant :partyon: yay! kind of a life changing event! could hardly sleep the night after I learned... so very cool :boing2:anyways, I'm excited! yoohoo! first for both of us... going to be exciting the next 8+ months :)

what a nice week :) needed one of those! hehe not told the family yet... that should be interesing! just keep us in your prayers for the health of the baby and my wife :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Wow!!! You're Pregnant!

Okay, first I'm going to do exactly what you're going to get tired of people doing at some point and give you some advice. :ultracool

There is a great book called, "What to Expect When You're Expecting." It's a great book and tells it pretty well, I think. There is a whole series of books by the same author on "What to Expect when ..." and they are a worthwhile investment.

Prayers and great wishes to the both of you and good luck with the family!

:asian:

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on everything!!!:drinkbeer

Maybe I should start a thread about how crappy my weeks been to balance yours out!!

Jeff

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
:partyon:

Congratulations, Mr. Hnau!

I'll pick up where Shesulsa left off. :lol2:

There's a book called "So, You're Going To Be A Dad", by Peter Downey. I really enjoyed it, and found it to be very useful.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
There's a book called "So, You're Going To Be A Dad", by Peter Downey. I really enjoyed it, and found it to be very useful.

I welcome book ideas, I've been trying to solicit some... we are both such beginners and needing info :) so, thanks!

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Mr. Hnau! :D

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Well, its been interesting lately... I got to "teach" my first class when our instructor did not show up a few classes ago. I was senior, and fortunately there were not alot of people, so that was kind of fun LOL. not fully qualified yet, but it was kind of entertaining...

submitted my first draft of my thesis for school, and got somewhat good comments from my advisor, so that was good...

Had a birthday! yay! I made it another year! I got a sword and some nice shuko from my wonderful wife, so that was a pretty great present... starting the weapon collection! yoohoo!

speaking of my wonderful wife, we found out two days ago that she is pregnant :partyon: yay! kind of a life changing event! could hardly sleep the night after I learned... so very cool :boing2:anyways, I'm excited! yoohoo! first for both of us... going to be exciting the next 8+ months :)

what a nice week :) needed one of those! hehe not told the family yet... that should be interesing! just keep us in your prayers for the health of the baby and my wife :)

Congratulations to you and your wife Mr. Hnau!!!! What an awesome week for you in so many ways. It's so nice when people remember to share the good things in their lives. My heart felt best wishes to you. :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you heard the heartbeat yet? :)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Hnau and baby Hnau too!
:partyon::partyon:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, what great news!!!!!

Congratulations Mr. H!!!!!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
mrhnau said:

speaking of my wonderful wife, we found out two days ago that she is pregnant :partyon: yay! kind of a life changing event! could hardly sleep the night after I learned... so very
cool :boing2:anyways, I'm excited! yoohoo! first for both of us... going to be exciting the next 8+ months :)

Congratulations all the way around, and happy belated birthday!!!!!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations on the baby! I bought the "What to expect when you're expecting" book for my first wife when we were expecting my first daughter. It's an excellent book. Remember, the thing about kids is this...they're like kittens. Cute as hell when they're little but when they get a little age on them they'll want to start prowling around at all hours of the night, stinking the house up and....oh, sorry. Got going on a little "off spring inspired" rant there.:rolleyes: Anyway, congratulations on the baby!

Latest Discussions