Not open for further replies.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
elder999 said:
Well, and I meant that I could reconcile all three; I just can't prove it.

No Nobel for me......

Good work! We should share some beers and talk about it.

As to the Nobel I guess this is why they would still call your reconciliation a theory and not a law? ;) :D

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
There is a new movie coming out. It recieved high praise at the Sundance Film Festival.

An Inconvenient Truth

Information can be found here:

www.climatecrisis.net

Book your seats soon.

The movie is finally showing in my area ... going out right now to catch it in Methuen, Mass.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Wasn't it in the 60's that they were talking about Global Cooling, and we were expecting glaciers to be knocking on our doors?

The environment changes from time to time. Its never been a stagnant systems. External (sun cycles) and internal (man, volcanic eruptions) influences always change things. I'm all for minimizing mans influence on the environment, but even if we totally stop our footprint on the earth, we are still going to have ups and downs. Thats nature. Minimize our influences, then realize that it won't make Earth a perfect Nirvana.

To my understanding (limited at best) the Earth's climate/atmosphere goes through long-term macro-cycles and we don't have squat to do with it. Inluence? Some...but Not a 'cause'.
I STRONGLY believe that we need to do all that we can to conserve and preserve, to clean up our impact on the environment. Polution and overconsuption is a grave concern........But I do not believe that we are causing what is being called "Global Warming".

Just my .02

Your Brother
John

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother John said:
To my understanding (limited at best) the Earth's climate/atmosphere goes through long-term macro-cycles and we don't have squat to do with it. Inluence? Some...but Not a 'cause'.
I STRONGLY believe that we need to do all that we can to conserve and preserve, to clean up our impact on the environment. Polution and overconsuption is a grave concern........But I do not believe that we are causing what is being called "Global Warming".

Just my .02

Your Brother
John

John,

Any thoughts on a macro scale about the core of the earth moving?

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
John,

Any thoughts on a macro scale about the core of the earth moving?
Hey Rich...
Long time No Talk..

I'd read an article on that a while back but I really can't recall the main points right now. I remember thinking that it seemed to make sense, but I didn't look into it further.
Please, tell us about that angle.

Your Brother
John

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother John said:
Hey Rich...
Long time No Talk..

I'd read an article on that a while back but I really can't recall the main points right now. I remember thinking that it seemed to make sense, but I didn't look into it further.
Please, tell us about that angle.

Your Brother
John

I know very little.

I linked in some sites in earlier posts but most thought I was trying to deflect the issue from emissions or humans as being the fault.

Like you I agree that we need to be cleaner. Today's cars are cleaner so much cleaner you could run them for about a year straight before you made the same emissions one of the "Classics" do in a cruise up and down Woodward about an hour to 3 hours of run time.

Yet, people still want cheap electricity and most of that comes from Sulfur Coal and the emissions standards on the power plants are no where near that of what is required for vehicle including lawn mowers and motor cycles now in some states.

California actually had a requirement that 2% of all sales had to be Zero Emissions at the tail pipe. One company did it, and when none of the Japanese companies did it the state wondered why? Then they started to listen to the reports of the COST to the tax payer. It would have cost thousands of dollars to the infrastructure and then thousands more for personal equipement and your range may not take up the coast. Once the people who made the laws realized it was a problem they could not spin and would take the blame for the cost. They dropped the plan.

California went to reduce the CO2 while Massachusetts went after NOx. The technology is out there to go after both to a certain point. And after that, you can optimize one way but not both. Now with a Federal ruling Only CARB or California may determine the direction and the other states can either join them or follow the EPA which usually lags CARB by a few years. The cost of optimizing both would add too much to the cost of car that many do not understand the cost of now.

As to Europe, they have less standards than the US, and allow a lot more NOx becuase they have a lot larger Diesel penetration into the market, they do not want to force the cost there. So when people who are not in the business make comments about the USA not knowing about Global Warming because of emissions they are making statements they do not understand. So when people make the comments about other systems not counting tell me that they only care about the political agenda to push forward a certain idea that if you went back to is either a knee jerk reaction to the people they can get them to vote or those involved are going to make money from it.

So, while I truly understand the issues at hand I was looking for an open ended discussion.

The Current Magnetic Pole has shifted from parts of Canada to be on its way to parts of Russia. This is a large shift in recent year as in ten years.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rth+core&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

http://www.thetech.org/exhibits_events/online/quakes/inside/core.html

Since the core is moving and the Magnetic Pole is moving, maybe this is part of the cause of the Oceans heating up?

Nope, Rich you are stupid for suggesting such as we all know it is your car that you drive is doing more damage. Get it right it is Global Warming.

Then some state that the world will flood when the caps melt. I linked in a recent picture here as well that showed a lot of melt. Where are the floods? Oh yeah Rich your stupid comments about how Water as a solid displaces more then its' mass and thereby has a larger volume than as a liquid. So when the Ice melts that is in the water now it actually lowers the water table of the earth seas. Now the water on land still has to be counted for. But by then no one wants to talk about it as it is now a science problem and not a political issue.

So if the core is moving which takes energy, could the earth be heating up?

Could some of the energy be escaping into the oceans naturally?

Could some of the energy be the cause of the latest Typhoons and Hurricanes?

Could it also be the cause of a Tsunami?

Ah but Rich is nothing but a stupid stick jock who thinks he knows a little physics and just needs to be quiet. The questions he asks have no political agenda. He does not say no, he says possible but look at this as well and let us think about this.

Yet to make people think for themselves has been stated to be one of the hardest tasks. Even though I am not asking for that of everyone just asking for a discussion.

But I guess the INCONVENIENT TRUTH, does not matter when one is asked to look at the whole picture and the whole system.

Hence why I asked you John, hoping you had some information, that I might be able to read or disucss.

My apologies, for my soap box.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
oh Rich, you're so stupid that I have to go look up your links and read this closly before posting more here.

On second thought, movies never lie - I'll just watch An Inconvenient Truth. ;)

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the end of the Movie, Mr. Gore asked us to encourage other to see this movie ....
I will pay for any MartialTalk member that chooses to see this movie.

Send me your movie ticket stub:
Mike Atkinson
4 Lynn Street
Nashua, NH 03060
I will send you a check back for the price of the ticket plus 2 bucks.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
At the end of the Movie, Mr. Gore asked us to encourage other to see this movie ....
I will pay for any MartialTalk member that chooses to see this movie.

Send me your movie ticket stub:
Mike Atkinson
4 Lynn Street
Nashua, NH 03060
I will send you a check back for the price of the ticket plus 2 bucks.

I agree with almost nothing you have ever said, but at least you seem devoted LOL

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
I agree with almost nothing you have ever said, but at least you seem devoted LOL

Go see the movie ... It will cost you about two hours of your life.

P.S.

Some places you might be able to find it in North Carolina.

NC Asheville 6/30 Fine Arts
NC Cary 6/23 Galaxy 6
NC Chapel Hill 6/16 Chelsea
NC Charlotte 6/16 Ballantyne
NC Charlotte 6/23 Concord 24
NC Durham 6/16 Carolina 3
NC Fayetteville 6/30 Cameo Art House
NC Fayetteville 7/7 Cameo Art House
NC Greensboro 6/30 Carousel 15
NC Raleigh 6/16 Colony 2
NC Wilmington 6/30 Carmike 16
NC Winston Salem 6/30 Wynnsong

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brother John said:
Do the same for Wichita Ks??

I'm game.

Your Brother
John

As you wish ...

KS...Lawrence.............6/23............Liberty Hall
KS...Merriam...............6/23............Cinemark 20
KS...Olathe.................6/16...........Studio
KS...Overland Park.......6/23............Rio
KS...Wichita...............6/30.............Premiere Palace

Full screen times can be found at ...

www.climatecrisis.net

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:

If you prefer, in lieu of cash...bring your ticket stub to NH and watch me beat on Mike the next time I visit his school. :rofl:

Sorry Mike, couldn't resist... :D

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
But I guess the INCONVENIENT TRUTH, does not matter when one is asked to look at the whole picture and the whole system.

Hence why I asked you John, hoping you had some information, that I might be able to read or disucss.

My apologies, for my soap box.

Perhaps the politicians want us to believe its our fault so they can be responsible for passing more laws and exert more control over us (and busniess) thereby securing themselves more power and better platforms for election. (the "scare you all to death with disaster stories but dont worry we will save you" platform??)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
If you prefer, in lieu of cash...bring your ticket stub to NH and watch me beat on Mike the next time I visit his school. :rofl:

Sorry Mike, couldn't resist... :D

Hey! Fight, fight, fight!!!

:popcorn:

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Go see the movie ... It will cost you about two hours of your life.

2 hours I'll never get back. I'd rather read scientific journals and draw my own conclusion. Gore is a politician. Enough said.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
2 hours I'll never get back. I'd rather read scientific journals and draw my own conclusion. Gore is a politician. Enough said.

You'll keep us informed on your progress through those scientific journals, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.