Americans Leaving America

You should check out Dubai, Bob. This is one of the most advanced and growing tech centers in the entire world. And the pay rocks hardcore...especially considering the fact you don't have to pay taxes on what you earn!

When I finish my degree, I'm considering Dubai for a few years. I could make high six figures in the oil market and then take that money where ever I wanted to go next.

My daughter worked out there for a while, said it was a good experience but you do have to be careful. Dubai is only tolerant to a point. Some of her friends have stayed out there but she missed us us...aaaah! She was working for the Dubai Racing club training racehorses, each horse and thee were hundreds had it's own groom all she had to do was ride. got a 2 bedroomed apartment with maid service and all the duty free shopping she could handle lol. Hence my very nice Chanel handbag. She went sking on real snow in the largest indoor ski slope in the world, went on a desert safari, had clothes designed and made for her. However she couldn't go out running or driving and there were other restrictions but I guess if you know what they are and can accept them there's no problem. A British couple recently got arrested on the beach for having sex in public, the policeman warned them but they carried on and now they are whinging, frankly that's tough if they go to prison. they know the rules there so really have to abide by them or not live there, it is a choice.

It sounds like any other place. You can't expect them to change to your tastes. You've got to do that work...or you probably shouldn't be going.

I'm really enjoying the pacific islands right now. The beaches, the laid back atmosphere, the natural beauty...

...its quite a change from the ice and snow...

I can't wait to talk about this in February!

Now, now, now some of us love the snow!
icon10.gif
(then there are the other weaker more frail humans around :lol:) We wild men from the great north are a little different
icon10.gif
)

So in February talk all you want but some of us will be extremely happy with our snow.
icon12.gif

You should check out Dubai, Bob. This is one of the most advanced and growing tech centers in the entire world. And the pay rocks hardcore...especially considering the fact you don't have to pay taxes on what you earn!

When I finish my degree, I'm considering Dubai for a few years. I could make high six figures in the oil market and then take that money where ever I wanted to go next.

Not to rain on your parade but I have alot of relatives that have worked there so before you jump email me for some stories.

Now, now, now some of us love the snow!
icon10.gif
(then there are the other weaker more frail humans around :lol:) We wild men from the great north are a little different
icon10.gif
)

So in February talk all you want but some of us will be extremely happy with our snow.
icon12.gif

I don't really mind the ice and snow. If I move somewhere else, going somewhere with a proper winter wouldn't be out of the question. Although, I'd like to dodge the extreme cold if I can. That is something I do NOT enjoy. You can't do anything outside when its -20 below...

I don't really mind the ice and snow. If I move somewhere else, going somewhere with a proper winter wouldn't be out of the question. Although, I'd like to dodge the extreme cold if I can. That is something I do NOT enjoy. You can't do anything outside when its -20 below...

Then DO NOT go to Harbin China Average Temperature there is a bit below zero degrees Fahrenheit (avg temp -20 C) in the Winter and -20 F is not uncommon either.

I like snow shoeing so the more snow the better and cold is not that big a deal either.

Latest Discussions

Back