American Kenpo Sucessors...

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Made it ok... Had my cookie rejection rated too high. Firewalls can be a real pain in the patoot!

Thanks D! For the welcome... Figured I catch up with you somewhere, somehow! :rofl:

Dan

OP
M

marshallbd

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Egos...... whats that?
:shrug:
:idunno:
Aren't those waffles? I got the maple syrup!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now that EP Jr. is at the helm of the IKKA there are alot of people coming back. I'm not saying he is a high ranking Black belt or anything. I'm just saying that he wants to take Kenpo in the right direction. They don't call him the Ambasador to Kenpo for nothing.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Rick Wade
Now that EP Jr. is at the helm of the IKKA there are alot of people coming back. I'm not saying he is a high ranking Black belt or anything. I'm just saying that he wants to take Kenpo in the right direction. They don't call him the Ambasador to Kenpo for nothing.
Then why is he promoting Systema instead of Kenpo?

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For year he has been taking as well as promoting other Kenpo not other systems. Now that his mother is no longer the President of the IKKA he has an agenda to adhere to.

What we all forget is what EP said when "fist meets flesh that’s karate." What EPJr. was doing was promoting Kenpo not Other Systems he has only worn one patch that I am aware of one is the IKKA.

Forget about all of the different systems if they are truly different and good Kenpo it will stand on its own (and we should praise them for that). We have seen it in the past. We have also seen them fall. I am not going to sit here and list the organizations that I think are weak. However I will say that very few organizations after splitting have changed (progressed) very much.
:rofl:

In summary Listen to what the man has to say. Im not saying lets all run off and join the IKKA. I do think some of these less organized and original organizations could use some guidance.

For the record I am not apart of any organization.

Thanks
Rick

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

i just don't know why there is no a successor of AK and why Ed Parker Jr doesnt' want to be a successor of AK ?

it seems to me that EP Jr did not learn AK in his early age ???????

he only learned from Doc recently. Not sure why he was not interested in learning???

i just jump right head in this discussion and if my questions weren't answered previously, please answer them here. Thanks.

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Seig
Then why is he promoting Systema instead of Kenpo?

this is certainly interesting. are you sure he is promoting systema???

you had a good question right there. I want to know why. Perhaps, AK is not up to his standard???? it is my educated guesss

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
i just don't know why there is no a successor of AK and why Ed Parker Jr doesnt' want to be a successor of AK ?

it seems to me that EP Jr did not learn AK in his early age ???????

he only learned from Doc recently. Not sure why he was not interested in learning???

i just jump right head in this discussion and if my questions weren't answered previously, please answer them here. Thanks.

EP Jr. did learn American Kenpo who do you think did most of the graphics and writing of the manuals. He had much more mental knowledge than physical.

As for lessons he had a many of lessons when he was young most of them took place in the living room with Sr.

When they say promoting other systems they are refereing to other Kenpo systems such as IKCA.

Thanks
Rick:cheers:

OP
R

rmcrobertson

One of the differences between America and other countries is that here, what's supposed to matter is who you are, not who your daddy was.

China and Japan have somewhat different traditions, in large part because the arts were taught (and passed down) within families. Even there, however, my understanding is that sons and daughters who did not study and otherwise earn their positions as the head of a style were given, at most, honorary titles out of respect for their family.

Why would anybody want things otherwise? It's a serious question: what would be the point?

Latest Discussions