am I stretching wrong?

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been doing some home training for the past week and ive noticed something about my flexability. im not so flexible anymore, my muscles are all tense, well not tense but they feel tense.

Does anyone know why this has happened?

Thanks for your replies,

Bobby

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
...past week...

There is not a great deal of progression nor degression that is going to take place in that time frame.

Have you been working on your flexibility?

What has this "training" consisted of?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
Hey guys, ive been doing some home training for the past week and ive noticed something about my flexability. im not so flexible anymore, my muscles are all tense, well not tense but they feel tense.

Does anyone know why this has happened?

Thanks for your replies,

Bobby

You may want to try to warm up a little before you stretch. You'll get a better stretch and will decrease the risk of injury.

Mike

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At 14, that's a fairly difficult thing to do. I'd love (well, hate) to hear what exercises/streches you're doing to make that happen. For someone my age, that's a common symptom of overdoing it, but at your age, maybe something else.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would suggest warming up the muscles before working out but not focusing too much on stretching. Then, after your work out and while you're still warm, strecth out.

If you aren't overstretching you should be fine. Of course, I don't know what sort of exercise routine you are doing so it's hard to have accurate advice.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You need to warm up and you need to give yourself time Rome was not built in a day (it took Two)
Terry

OP
bobster_ice

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
I warm up for 10 minutes before doing any stratching, that is what i dont understand, my muscles dont feel as tense anymore, it could of been because i was doing warm ups and stretches that my body wasnt used to.

Latest Discussions