All us martial artists are going to HELL!!!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
4) I personally don't believe either "Jesus" or "Moses" actually existed historically....
Really? Why not? I don't suppose I have any 'good' reason to believe they did either, however, the nature of my doubt doesn't go quite that far.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that page is just funny to read! The sad thing is that, in my opinion, it was probably meant in all seriousness. I'm sure those beliefs are taken seriously by many fundies.

C

Chicago Green Dragon

RandomPhantom700 said:
I'm sorry, but that page is just funny to read! The sad thing is that, in my opinion, it was probably meant in all seriousness. I'm sure those beliefs are taken seriously by many fundies.

The scarey thing is you are right. Some nut job actually believes it.

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

cblaze230

White Belt
Reaction score
i did not read all the previous posts so please excuse me if its already been mentioned. if i believed any of those views or ideas i am happy knowing that at least i will be in the company of my peers, martial artists and fellow sinners and have good time too!!:ultracool

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? Why not? I don't suppose I have any 'good' reason to believe they did either, however, the nature of my doubt doesn't go quite that far.

Well, that's a bit off-topic, really...

But, suffice to say, I have explained my doubts about the existence of Jesus historically in at least two other threads. I have similar doubts about Moses, but they are more difficult to discuss because he was supposed to have lived so much farther back in history than Jesus.

The main reason is that there is no more reason to beleive either of them, or the events surrounding them in the Bible, existed than there is to believe that Heracles actually existed and performed the 12 feats. Its just cultural bias, and the Judeo-Christian backdrop of our culture, that holds others to believe otherwise.

That's my take anyway. Laterz.

T

TonyM.

So the crux of all of the above is I may have to re-think practicing beat the money changers fu?