All us martial artists are going to HELL!!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't the bible also say, "judge not lest ye be judged and vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord?"

I'm going straight to heaven on a sin wagon.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too, But I can sleep soundly now, cause according to there reasoning:

" Such people do not follow the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ but the teachings of the devil, because he is the father of all violence and sin that these men are committing." (the boxing article)

The pope started the crusades, therefore the pope is a follower of the devil, therefore Christianity (Well at least the Catholic church anyways) is based on the teachings of the devil.

So I'll have lots of Company when I get there ;)

Edit: Wait a second... me and a bunch of Catholics.... That really would be Hell!!! (sorry to all offended, just a joke that couldn't be resisted :D )

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jesus...please save me from your followers...

well...obviously...i've known this all along...man i sure should have asked more in my deal with the devil...

*sighs*
quote a few scripture verses that could condemn anything...and there we have it...instant condemnation for anybody doing something you don't like.

this is just silly...and it would be absolutely hilarious...if this didn't happen so much...not just to martial arts...but to a lot of things...with the exception of aikido...there are very few martial arts that actually have a real spiritual connection...

and too often people don't realize that three of the major eastern religions that are associated with martial arts- taoism, buddhism and confucianism were actually never meant to be religions...they were merely philosophical ideals..that people built up into these mythic religious figures. It is entirely possible to practice elements of eastern philosophy without following an eastern religion...and as for the martial way being against christian values...what ever happened with those crusades that happened awhile back...

they were a lot worse than learning how to punch...well...this doesn't really belong in this forum...so i'll just clam up now...unless i really have something to say

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
KA
RATE – Meaning ‘Open Hand’, the ‘CHOP’ can kill, a victim instantly!
Damn! Hey Ceicei.. no more practicing with YOU anymore... might kill me and I'd burn in hell.

Yes Shesulsa the bible does indeed say that... but bible thumpers like THEM can only see YOUR sins and not their own. They forget the New Testament rule of thumb...
From Matthew 7:1-5 -- 1 Judge not, that ye not be judged. 2 For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then thou shalt see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (KJV...of course)

Of course they already have done that! It now gives them just cause to print up garbage like what the site says.

Ceicei noted that they don't give the name of their sect or organization.. hmm Verse five definitely comes to mind here. Sigh. :disgust:

I know the truth and am sticking with it. So :2xBird2: to them that can't live what they speak!

:uhohh: :eek: I'm judging them... no! Damned to hell I am! :anic:

Hey get that wood out of my eye will ya?? :mad:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'm going straight to heaven on a sin wagon.
Got room on that wagon for me?

Just like Kempo Tess' sig line reads:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW--What a Ride~!!!"
I'm all for that! :D

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
How does one go to Heavan on a sin wagon?

Oh...wait...I think I get it.

I note that a bunch of the people here were planning on going to the seventh level of Hell. Remember that thread?

Seriously, though...

Here in the Bible Belt of Indiana, this notion that martial arts is demonic is actually alive and well. People think we're into Buddhism or something. They assume we burn incense and meditate and teach Eastern philosophical principles that will violate their sensibilities. Somebody spread a rumor once that my wife was a "moonie".

I have two ministers now teaching for me who know better...but the first question out of their mouths when they came in was "Do you meditate?" They wanted none of that. I told them we were a secular school. They're comfortable here now, and I use them for reference whenever a Christian with cold feet expresses concern over whether we teach something he/she might find offensive.

Had I more charisma, though, I'd be working that cult thing...and you all would be in my thrall. I just know it.

Regards,

Steve

M

Mark Weiser

Being of Jewish Conviction and Practice. I according to Christians I am on the fast tract to "Hell" anyway so I will continue to practice these EVIL ARTS lol!!

I could tell you all of my early days as a Ordained Christian Minister and other interesting stories someday. Oh by the way if SATAN is reading this your entitled to a free lesson at my school click on my link and call me lol!

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My judo teacher was a minister(r.i.p)

He used to say: "I whoop a$$ in the name of the Lord!"

hhhmmm......I wonder if he still is then?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:rofl: y'all are killin' me here :rofl:

Seriously, this is why I no longer go to church - hypocritical bible-thumping. Meditation - what is prayer, then? If you have opened your heart and your mind to welcome the spirit of Christ, what have you done but meditate and welcome the most protective spirit into your energy field? If you pray as Christians were taught to pray in the sermon on the mount, you will retire to your room and recite the Lord's Prayer. Do you not seek privacy and quiet when you meditate?

Also (getting out the can opener for the proverbial can o' worms) the Holy Bible is not the only holy scripture. How about the Torah? The Torah has been around much longer than the Old and New Testaments and the Torah (I have been told) states a man may do anything required in self defense, even unto death, to save his own life or that of his family. If there are those of the Jewish faith on the board, could you please verify this?

My martial arts and spirituality do not in any way interfere with my faith in Christ, nor the other way 'round.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll go one further Shesulsa... my MA spirituality has actually HELPED my faith in Christ because I was able to get in touch with my inner self via meditation and soul-searching and walla! Found out that I was a lot closer to Him than I thought I was. Sooo :barf: on those who say different.

M

Mark Weiser

My Instructor here that I train under is a 3rd Dan in Kenpo and he is a Minister aka Christian.

Practicing Judaism does not conflict with Martial Arts Training in the sense that We are required to protect our community and our families from our enemies.

I know Jewish Men that could put an gun shop to shame lol. If you get the Jewish Week Newspaper once in awhile you will see an article or an ad for Martial Arts Training run or owned by a Jewish Person.

I know and heard of Rabbi's that practice Karate and other Arts. The Torah and the Talmud (Oral Law) does not forbid Military Duty or working in Public Services such as Law Enforcement which requires skills that may involve the use of MA Tactics.

Shade Silverwing

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like the excommunicated Southern Baptist who thinks rock music is of the devil.

I tend to ignore these things, although these people do make me ashamed of being a Christian.

T

Tkang_TKD

Wait just a second here....If we're all going to hell anyway, why not form the most powerful demonic MMA faction ever known to mankind? LOL

Seriously, it is articles like that one that have made me turn away from any type of organized religions. If I had to sum up my faith, I guess right now I would fall anywhere from agnostic to athiest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a very decent person, and I try to treat everyone with compassion, and empathy. I just don't know what I believe as a result of all the hypocrits I see in organized religion.

Who knows, maybe something will come along that will make me re-affirm faith, but until then, I just don't know :(

G

Genin Andrew

That is the most pathetic website i have seen since www.ashidakim.com not only does is the text and meaning of the site of ver poor quality bordering pathetic and futile but whats with the red text on the fluro green background!:idunno:

Whoever wrote that not only needs a bullet (no disrespect) but they need to find faith beyond the bible and develop a relationship with God rather than convicting others and trying to understand the esoteric living world of Martial Arts...some people hey.

much respect
-andrew

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I hate how people think that there religion is the only way a person should live there life. People are idividuals, and have the right to worship any god or buddha they want to. Come to think of it, I have never met nicer people than the ones who practice buddism. I never heard of a buddist monk molesting young children, have you? Most every religion out there has no real proof of anything. The bible's teaching are very clever to not require any sort of proof. Buddism is very realistic, And I find it much more attractive than christianity.
I was raised as a christain my whole life , and I belived in it until I got a little older and learned about better judgement and to think for my self. I think the bible is a pretty good guideline to live you life by, but eventually there comes a point when it gets a little crazy with all the contradictions. Turn the other cheek, vengence is mine, o ok :rolleyes:
People need to learn to think for them selves, and look at things realisticly. There are alot of great teachings in the bible but to use, but trying to live every word and dismiss all other beliefs , is just as bad as saying KARATE is the best, and other styles suck. Without an open mind you are doomed. There are things I take from the bible, and things from buddism. The bible says have no other gods before me, well guess what, sue me, I dont care. I have an open mind and always will.

W

whalen

Does anyone know if there is a mat fee in the Dojang of HELL . Well I guess my Ex wife will have her way if this where i am destined to go until then I'll work my Hapkido here,

Also i want to reserve some mat space hahahah........

Hal Whalen :partyon: