About time I introduce myself

curious

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I found MT by "accident" I was looking for information on the background or lineage of the Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate. When I googled there was a whole lot of pages of information; didn't know where to start or how. MT was a very random double click and I'm glad I did. I signed up the first day I found you, you know after lurking for a couple of hours. I am going to be testing for 3rd degree brown belt in American Kenpo Karate. I have two out of three boys that are also brown belts (an 11 year old and 7 year old). They are also Student Leaders and assist in teaching at the YMCA, I'm very proud of them. I'm a (*) year old Mexican-American living in the Bay Area for about 7 years. My kids and I joined our studio about 2 1/2 years ago. One of the best choices I ever made.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad that you found us here and welcome and happy posting. Like all MA you get out of it what you put into it, I'm glad you and your sons have found an art that suits you.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! There was a poll done a bit ago here and if I remember right the vast majority of us found the site by accident. I know I did, and haven't left sense really. Glad to have you here.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting! Best wishes on your upcoming test, too!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Curious! You found MartialTalk the same way I did...looking for information about Mr. Parker's Kenpo. Welcome aboard, its great to have you here! :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..You will discover MANY of us found this place by accident, and will be forever gratefull...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's good to have you with us, Curious! I lurked for several months before joining MT—had noticed previously that an awful lot of online MA boards seem to be kind of harsh environments, but saw fairly quickly that this place was profoundly different, not just from those other MA sites but from almost anything else on the Internet. It's a very fine place to be!