A theory on Ki and Chi

Discussion in 'Chi - Ki - Qi - Universal Life Energy' started by Zenjael, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    • MartialTalk Mentor
    This leads me to suspect SERIOUS deficiencies in your knowledge of ki and kinetic energy.

Also...

"Mechanical motions for techniques "

..as opposed to non-mechanical motions?

"Fighting mechanics "
    You do NOT want to see what they can do with a socket wrench.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. WC_lun

WC_lun Senior Master

Anatomical motions for techniques, maybe? Mechanical motions makes it sound like you have bionic body parts or something :)

Zenjael, with all due respect, it sounds like you don't have a solid grasp on this subjest material. You would be best served by just training and not trying to delve so much into the energy aspects of it, especially if you do not have an instructor that is very knowledgable in that area. Otherwise you'll just be working on assumptions and theory that could be very flawed, actually retarding any positive training you are doing.

3. oaktree

oaktree Master of Arts

Hi ZenJael,
    Looking at the diferent forms of energy may help in understanding the differences and how energy is converted.

Qi can be defined depending on its usage in everyday Chinese language. In English the two main usuage of Qi being discussed are the ones used in esoteric/religious and the defination used in every day talk refering to a "catch all for energy"

The esoteric meanings of Qi can not have a scientific defination for them anymore than God can be explained using science.

The esoteric meaning is full of superstitious, religous, taboo, mysticism, and that is fine if you are studying a religion but saying the esoteric meaning of Qi means Kinetic energy is saying something along the lines that Jesus was raised from the dead with kinetic energy
    (In Daoism the priest uses the magic talisman called Fu 符 the priest puts his Qi 炁((a variant of Qi 气 This may be one example why so much confusion between esoteric vs everyday use)) and then raises the dead.

The esoteric meaning with Qi belongs in the same catagory as magick which should be in the realm of religion.
    Hopefully my post clears up some misunderstanding of translation of the words. I am also not sure when terms such as deng neng(kinetic energy) were being used in Chinese language I heard it was after Newton and the idea of western physics. This subject depending on how deep you go and how much knowledge one has on the language can get pretty deep like professor level deep.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. Jenna

Jenna Senior Master

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I think that is easy.. just connect the "line out" of the treadmill to the "line in" of the funace and *become* Usain Bolt like there is a ninja after you for crimes against philosophy! Bingo.. instant heat for all the family! Until the ninja catches up..

And but we need not fear even at that point! Green energy is still on hand.. First, disable the ninja! then one kind of thermal energy may be converted to another by plugging the "line out" from ones mouth to the direct "line in" of one's heating system.. then one begins to verbally start explaining ki and voila.. Instant hot air for all the family!

Ask me another..

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I have said this before and probably even in this thread.

Best definition of Qi and the easiest to get from a western perspective,

Strong Qi you’re healthy
    Weak Qi you’re sick
    No Qi you’re dead

We tend to make it a whole lot more mystical than it is generally based on translation errors

6. oaktree

oaktree Master of Arts

Thats what I was trying to say, you just like to simplify things. :lol:

7. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Ahh That is just my, get it over with and hit em', Xingyi side talking :D

8. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member

Nah... that's just a method for converting kinetic energy to thermal energy. If they were the same (as Zenjael mistakenly claims) then conversion would not be necessary.

9. shesulsa

shesulsa Columbia Martial Arts Academy

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    I think you're a young man in serious need of correct instruction. Leave the nest, Zen. Leave the nest. There's a whole world out there.123