A Strange Occurance

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had people take pictures of the house as well - most likely insurance agent, real estate agent, appraiser, etc. There are LOTS of reasons someone would want to take a picture of your home - especially if you've moved in recently or changed your home insurance policy coverage.

Do keep an extra eye out, tho.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Yeah, I've had people take pictures of the house as well - most likely insurance agent, real estate agent, appraiser, etc. There are LOTS of reasons someone would want to take a picture of your home - especially if you've moved in recently or changed your home insurance policy coverage.

Do keep an extra eye out, tho.

I agree with Georgia. If you have recently moved and your home has sold for a certain price at your square footage, then it could be used in a comparison for someone else setting a price or getting an appraisal.

Also the Bank Appraisals are done like this if they show up at all, most times they just check the tax records for the nighborhood.

Insurance may want to come out and take a picture and this happened to me and they called me up and then asked for a walk through as they were afraid I was under insured as I wanted replacement. The good thing was I was able to use the Insurance Value to convince the bank of the total value of the house and then to avoid PMI. :D

But I would still becareful in the neighborhood and watch. :)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
It could be perfectly harmless. Someone may be in the market for a house, spotted yours, loved the design, and took a picture to show the real estate agent and say, "Find me something like *this*"
Sounds like people watch out for each other in your neighborhood. That's always a good thing.

Yes, I've done that before - photographed a beautiful tree in bloom as a painting reference, so this coulld be innoccuous. Keep your eyes out and your guard up for a bit though, and take care!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did anything ever come out of this? by chance find out who it was that took the pictures?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Out of curiosity, did anything ever come out of this? by chance find out who it was that took the pictures?

Nope. Still have no idea. Although about 2 weeks ago an assessor came to the door, identified himself, and said he was going to take a picture.
I was assuming that's what it was the first time after people started mentioning it. But now...who knows. We're still alive anyway. lol! :D

Latest Discussions