A lucky eBay auction

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dang... Why can't my eBay packages contain such hidden gems?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289809,00.html

A British teen got more than he bargained for when he bought a PlayStation 2 on eBay.

When the package arrived at the 16-year-old boy’s Norfolk home, there were 65,400 Euros(approximately $90,200) inside, according to a BBC report. The police are now trying to trace the package back to the owner.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife ordered a designer change purse about 6 or 7 years ago and someone had left a solitare diamond ring in it, albeit a small one, but it was a diamond ring.
Yes, I mailed the ring back.

AoG

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife ordered a designer change purse about 6 or 7 years ago and someone had left a solitare diamond ring in it, albeit a small one, but it was a diamond ring.
Yes, I mailed the ring back.

AoG

good for you a true inspiration to us all.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drug Money? That is what I am thinking. So no one will step forward and claim it.

Although it could be someone who used it for a tin can to save money and their spouse or child sold it without looking inside.

I'm more adapt to believe drug money than someone using it for bank..If no one claims it I hope he gets it back...Honesty should be rewarded...

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well at least the lad and AOG was honest enough to return what wasn't theirs. Kudos to both!

This was several years ago, but I remember emailing the seller and telling he what I found. She told me that she bought the change purse at a yard sale and knows the person it came from, but didn't know about the ring.
To be honest, it felt like she was lying in the email and that she didn't know where it came from, but I had to be the boy scout (my wife's nickname for me) and mail it back.

AoG

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This was several years ago, but I remember emailing the seller and telling he what I found. She told me that she bought the change purse at a yard sale and knows the person it came from, but didn't know about the ring.
To be honest, it felt like she was lying in the email and that she didn't know where it came from, but I had to be the boy scout (my wife's nickname for me) and mail it back.

AoG
Yeah well, you had the integrity to know it wasn't yours and to return it to the source... so hey, kudos still to ya! :asian:

Latest Discussions