Shads back - why I've been away

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=51980

*Waves madly* :wavey:

Hiya everyone, thanks for wishing me well and Drac thanks for passing that on, I actually had Lasek, which is the slow healing one, so I can get kicked in the head in the future... (in 2 weeks I'm allowed to spar again) which is why I was away so long.... well part of it. I would have been away for a week but while I was in recovery my mum died and it shook me a lot. We buried her on Monday so I've been a little withdrawn recently, I'm starting to come back though but please be patient with me because on top of everything I got made redundant 2.5 weeks ago as well.

Life's fun isn't it? :waah:

Darned good job I'm a strong person.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been VERY worried about you Shads!

Sorry to hear about your mum. Be sending plenty of good vibes to you from over here.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As Carol, says, we've been pretty worried about the prolonged lack of posts from your goodself, so it's good to hear from you.

It is terrible to hear what a hand life has dealt you recently - my heart goes out to you.

I can only imagine how you must feel but, as ever, when one of 'us' has real world issues to handle, altho' all we can offer is a sympathetic ear, we're here for you if you need us.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back Shaderon! I am sorry to hear about your loss. Go slow with getting back into sparring with Lasik per an eye doctor I talked to recently. Once again glad you are back.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.:asian:

Its nice to have you back! :)

Mike

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot to deal with all at once... hope yr recovery continues apace and you get back to training soon. I'm sorry to hear about yr Mum. Be kind to yrself mate.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm starting to come back though but please be patient with me because on top of everything I got made redundant 2.5 weeks ago as well.

Life's fun isn't it? :waah:

Darned good job I'm a strong person.

For those of you here that do not speak UK English "redundant" means she lost here job...Don't be impressed, I had to ask her what it mean..Welcome back Shads....

OP
Shaderon

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For those of you here that do not speak UK English "redundant" means she lost here job...Don't be impressed, I had to ask her what it mean..Welcome back Shads....

Thanks for that Drac, a translator is obviously needed here ;)

Thanks for your well wishes everyone, and I've got a 2nd interview for a new job next week so lets hope things are looking up now hey?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for that Drac, a translator is obviously needed here ;)

You are more than welcome..

Shaderon said:
Thanks for your well wishes everyone, and I've got a 2nd interview for a new job next week so lets hope things are looking up now hey?

Keeping up the positive energy flows..

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Speak English, ya dang furriner! ;)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speak English, ya dang furriner! ;)

I am speaking English..Been out West and your speech patterns would REALLY confuse someone form the UK...LOL

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaderon, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother.

As far as the LASIK goes, I had mine done about 7 years ago, and the eye doctor warned me about sparring too... but I've never had any problem.

Good luck with the job hunt - sending positive vibes your direction.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shads! Mum and job, bad things to lose so close together. ((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through this pain.

Glad to hear you're recuperating from the eye surgery, tho. Hang in there, and if you need to chat, PM me anytime! :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My condolences on your mother's death. And on your job situation.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and job, Shads... I'm glad you were able to get back on here. Sending all my best wishes your way!!

Latest Discussions