91-Year-Old Uses Cane To Fight Off Attacker

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's a standing ovation for the citizen!!! (cheering)

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- A 91-year-old man was attacked on the street this week, but he used his cane to fight back. Lincoln Johnson, of Lawrence, said he is bruised and sore from Tuesday's attack.

Johnson was sitting with a friend along a Lawrence walkway when a man came at them wielding a piece of concrete as a weapon.

The link to the article:

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/13506246/detail.html?cnn=yes

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great story! Good for him! :asian:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done to one of our elders :sensei rei:.

It goes to show that if you're in the firing line anyway there is no better way of skewing the odds in your favour than fighting back.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great story! I just hope that at 91, I'll be that spry... actually, I hope I won't need the cane...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great story! I just hope that at 91, I'll be that spry

Ditto

Kacey said:
actually, I hope I won't need the cane...

I carry one of the Grandmaster Shuey's Instructor canes now when I travel, so its no biggie for me..

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
applause to the 91 year old and the attacker should be sent away for a long time

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
applause to the 91 year old and the attacker should be sent away for a long time

and given a LARGE celly who has a Grandparent that age whom he loves and respects..Let the games begin tough guy..

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I carry one of the Grandmaster Shuey's Instructor canes now when I travel, so its no biggie for me..

I didn't say I would never carry a cane... I said I hope I never need a cane!

I'm glad, however, that this gentleman had the cane - and the ability and gumption to use it - when he needed it.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love it when an apparent victim turns the table. Good for him :asian:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ditto

Me, too. I think it's the best blunt-force self-defense weapon available. I see that this gentleman's cane broke in the altercation. Maybe we should take up a collection and send him a hardened Shuey, with a couple of combat grips?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me, too. I think it's the best blunt-force self-defense weapon available. I see that this gentleman's cane broke in the altercation. Maybe we should take up a collection and send him a hardened Shuey, with a couple of combat grips?

I was going to suggest that! HAHAHA That would be cool. If it were to occur again, at least his cane will be battle ready! HAHAHA :D

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was going to suggest that! HAHAHA That would be cool. If it were to occur again, at least his cane will be battle ready! HAHAHA :D
Great minds...and all that. :ultracool Well, maybe not mine. :wink2: But it would be a cool thing to do, maybe in the name of MartialTalk?

Latest Discussions