7 year old wears KKK Costume for Halloween

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My 7 yr old and 4 yr old dressed as "Army Men" this year. That included toy guns. One house refused to give them candy because that found it "Outrageous" that we would glorify murderers. The old lady actually told me I should be ashamed of myself. I should have known better when I saw the "Bush committed war crimes" bumper sticker and all her Obama sticker. It is what it is everyones going to be Outraged by something Ill reserve mine for real issues not kids costumes and poor parenting
It's perfectly fine for you to believe whatever you like. But, that doesn't make it wrong for someone to hold an opinion that is different from your own. You do understand this. Right?

It doesn't have to be interesting or important to you in order for it to be interesting or important to me. Your contribution to this entire thread, which comprises at least 1 out of every 4 posts, is that you don't think this is an important topic. We get it. Noted.

And, you'd be welcome to live in my world. It's a pretty nice place here in rural South King County, Washington. We did have a stir recently, which highlights the recent efforts on the part of the KKK to change their image. They were distributing leaflets around here a few months ago that said, "Neighborhood Watch" on one side and "You can sleep well knowing that the UKA is awake!" The leaflets were left on the porches and front stoops of homes late at night in a diverse, middle class neighborhood, in ziplock bags under large rocks.

The UKA is a faction of the KKK, and the language of the leaflet, is pretty ominous, particularly if you are a minority finding it on your porch in the morning.

I think that the increasingly polarizing and extremist behavior being promoted throughout the country, as evidenced by the recent, and very public, schism within the GOP, is creating an environment perfect for organizations like the KKK to revamp their image. The mom's statement in the article posted in the OP indicates that she believes the KKK to be a somewhat benevolent organization. I think that's a little alarming, particularly if her opinion is shared by a significant number of people.

But, here's the thing. You don't have to agree. In the scheme of things, I'm sure you get worked up about things that I don't care about. It happens.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We could all stand to be concerned about poor parenting.
And, I'm pretty sure ballen has contributed to threads on that very topic. Maybe not. Maybe he really doesn't care about parenting, but I'm almost positive we had a lengthy discussion in which he participated on parenting not too long ago.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And, I'm pretty sure ballen has contributed to threads on that very topic. Maybe not. Maybe he really doesn't care about parenting, but I'm almost positive we had a lengthy discussion in which he participated on parenting not too long ago.

I think it was pretty clear in this thread that he considers poor parenting as a form of job security for him as a cop. That's what I was getting at, perhaps not effectively, with post #36 in this discussion.

On one hand, poor parenting is a real issue and will lead the children of these parents in to problems with the law, but then on the other hand, poor parenting is not a real issue.

:idunno:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's perfectly fine for you to believe whatever you like. But, that doesn't make it wrong for someone to hold an opinion that is different from your own. You do understand this. Right?
right back at you my friend
It doesn't have to be interesting or important to you in order for it to be interesting or important to me. Your contribution to this entire thread, which comprises at least 1 out of every 4 posts, is that you don't think this is an important topic. We get it. Noted.
would yo prefer I not respond? You have asked me direct questions I have responded to them. Thats kinda the point of a forum
And, you'd be welcome to live in my world. It's a pretty nice place here in rural South King County, Washington. We did have a stir recently, which highlights the recent efforts on the part of the KKK to change their image. They were distributing leaflets around here a few months ago that said, "Neighborhood Watch" on one side and "You can sleep well knowing that the UKA is awake!" The leaflets were left on the porches and front stoops of homes late at night in a diverse, middle class neighborhood, in ziplock bags under large rocks.

The UKA is a faction of the KKK, and the language of the leaflet, is pretty ominous, particularly if you are a minority finding it on your porch in the morning.
I find that much more news worthy then some kids costume.
I think that the increasingly polarizing and extremist behavior being promoted throughout the country, as evidenced by the recent, and very public, schism within the GOP, is creating an environment perfect for organizations like the KKK to revamp their image. The mom's statement in the article posted in the OP indicates that she believes the KKK to be a somewhat benevolent organization. I think that's a little alarming, particularly if her opinion is shared by a significant number of people.
See I dont get why that surprises you. There are millions of people in white supremacist groups all over the country. Maybe because I get briefings on them all the time, I know they are all over the place so I dont find their existence that shocking. They are just another of the 1000s of extremist groups in the US. I get briefings and updates on one group or another every day in my Dept. email.
But, here's the thing. You don't have to agree. In the scheme of things, I'm sure you get worked up about things that I don't care about. It happens.
perhaps I do but it takes alot to get me fired up.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We could all stand to be concerned about poor parenting.
So what you going to do about it? You going to contact CPS in her home town and report her? OR are you just going to pretend to be outraged on a forum and go eat a slice of Pizza and forget about it next week?

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Keep in mind what wearing a Star Wars Darth Vader points out....Darth Vader, the movie character participated in planetary genocide...should kids be wearing his outfit?

There is a difference between dressing up as a fictional and non-fictional person....

Latest Discussions