5 reasons TaeKwonDo as a system (not individual techniques) breaks down in a Muay Thai ring

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some users elicit fantastic, informative conversation both by what they bring in terms of knowledge and the way they interact with others bringing it out of them too. Threads users like this bring to the table are always a pleasure to read.

....And then there is this 43 page abortion.

/Rumination

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
The only revelation my ***-kicking by a guy who can kick realistically and box taught me is that a good chin something your born with, and not something that is conditioned. I have been knocked down twice, roundhouse kicked in the jaw. Punched in the face HARD... Doesn't even faze me.

I wish to take this opportunity in advance though to thank my 9th dan instructor before I'm in the hospital, for the good fighting abilities 4 years of training instilled in me against competent kickboxers.

Now I'm off to get my head boxed in again.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then communicate your point better. As far as I can see, your point and my point have very little in common.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You will know when you have understood my point when you have conceded that I am right.

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
You will know when you have understood my point when you have conceded that I am right.

Hey, you remind me of Gnarlie! :D I will unlock the mysteries of TKD boxing defence in due time. The key is to get absolutely humiliated, then figure the guy out, only to spar a new dude with a new style of boxing, and be humiliated all over again.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SERIOUS SUGGESTION.

We all just stop posting on this thread now.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some users elicit fantastic, informative conversation both by what they bring in terms of knowledge and the way they interact with others bringing it out of them too. Threads users like this bring to the table are always a pleasure to read.

....And then there is this 43 page abortion.

/Rumination

We get punched in the head for a hobby.

What were you expecting. Shakespeare?

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
We get punched in the head for a hobby.

What were you expecting. Shakespeare?

I fell in love with full contact, and gained a greater appreciation for why people get so hooked by Boxing, Kickboxing, MMA, Kyokushin, etc.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I fell in love with full contact, and gained a greater appreciation for why people get so hooked by Boxing, Kickboxing, MMA, Kyokushin, etc.
Yes, because it's REAL.

Now before anyone freaks out, I'm not hating on people that like to practice their moves on cooperative human dummies and stick to that, I'm just saying that there's a certain visceral need for competition that is sated by, well, competition, as well as a satisfaction that comes from knowing that throw or strike or sub you've been practicing forever WILL work when you need it, rather than just hoping it will.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to be a school crossing guard at a local elementary school.

This thread has given me such a sweet sense of deja vu.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has the op been suspended or something? When I click on his account there's an error message

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. When you try to access the profile and get an error, that means the account has been suspended.
That sucks. Now where am I going to get free entertainment like this?

I'm sure someone will take his place shortly. There's always someone new who pops up out of nowhere and makes us shake our heads in disbelief. I guess I'll just have to wait a few days.

Remember that kehcorps guy who kept asking about different styles for months and trashed every one of them because he saw something stupid on YouTube? I wonder if he ever found that ultimate system he was out to find. Maybe he's not posting anymore because he found his MA nirvana.

I miss people like that. Without some craziness, it can get dull around here.