5 reasons TaeKwonDo as a system (not individual techniques) breaks down in a Muay Thai ring

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good gym will cover your three points as good as humanly possible. There is no self defence school that saves you from being stabbed by a gang.
Um, no. I won't cover military combat tactics, and nor will any of the schools I've gone to.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, MMA gyms are the most prevalent these days? That's sad. Who want's to be a jack of all trades:cool:

Here's another style you don't understand. You pass judgement on a lot of things you know absolutely nothing about, that could be classed as trolling which I think is what you have been doing for whatever reason.
I have yet to see a 'respectful' street fight lol. I suppose you know Muay Thai isn't very good at takedowns, wrist and ankle locks etc lol. It's very good for what it does, just like other styles, it has a purpose and sticks to it. Judo is good at what it does yet we don't compare Judo to Muay Thai, why do you think that is?
You confuse self defence with fighting and confuse fighting with sparring. You don't understand competition rules, like to disrespect the style you do, you call other posters an embarrassment, complain you are being attacked when challenged on your opinions, ignore information and others opinions and generally dismiss posters here as being beneath you have I missed anything out here? Conclusion...you are trolling.

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not making this up. You can try it yourself. I just googled "xxx sucks" where xxx is the name of a martial art - the entire phrase in quotes. Then I wrote down how many hits Google gives you for each search:

Kung Fu sucks = 59,400 results
Muay Thai sucks = 17,600 results
Jiu Jitsu sucks = 3,760 results
Karate sucks = 2,570 results
Taekwondo sucks = 979 results
BJJ sucks = 575 results
Judo sucks = 523 results
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sucks = 8 results

What can we conclude from this? That very few people spell-out Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. :D

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
"muay thai sucks" - Google Search

1845.jpg

LMAO.

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not making this up. You can try it yourself. I just googled "xxx sucks" where xxx is the name of a martial art - the entire phrase in quotes. Then I wrote down how many hits Google gives you for each search:

BJJ sucks = 575 results
Judo sucks = 523 results

What can we conclude from this? That very few people spell-out Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. :D

I would like to see the context as well. Google Search isn't an exact science

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the context as well. Google Search isn't an exact science
No, but you were asserting that there would be almost no (actually, I think you said none) former students saying "Muay Thai sucks". Clearly there are some. As others have pointed out, that's neither surprising nor particularly significant.

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
No, but you were asserting that there would be almost no (actually, I think you said none) former students saying "Muay Thai sucks". Clearly there are some. As others have pointed out, that's neither surprising nor particularly significant.

Clearly? He did not show me a single search hit of a former student proclaiming that Muay Thai sucks. If he does, I will shut my keyboard hands.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score

BJJ sucks = 575 results
Judo sucks = 523 results

I just Googled with the name of my school being xxx and got zero results from three different spellings. My school must be best. :)

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just Googled with the name of my school being xxx and got zero results from three different spellings. My school must be best. :)

Is you instructor Jhoon Rhee? The Jhoon Rhee who Bruce Lee buddied with?

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
"way too quick for me, had to go gorrilla styles, mind you was on the third bottle of rum :p"

/Poster of the clip.

NEXT.

Latest Discussions