.32 Auto sufficient for self-defense?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Had to re-qualify at the range today. Always fun shooting with the boys, but I got to tell ya, outdoor ranges in Hawaii at noontime are nasty HOT.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had to re-qualify at the range today. Always fun shooting with the boys, but I got to tell ya, outdoor ranges in Hawaii at noontime are nasty HOT.

You poor thing. You have it so rough. Lol.

We have quarterly training this week and it will probably be in the 40s

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Back to the OP.

Depends on a lot of things, I guess.

For me, I carry a Raven 25. It's what I choose to stake my life on. Always have, both as a civilian and as a back up, professionally. The reason is - I do not miss with it. Not on the range, in the field, in the snow and rain, not when when running. I don't know why I shoot so much better with it than any other weapon, but I always have, just seems like it's part of my hand. And was that way from day one.

For me, I'd be nuts to carry something different.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That's great advice, IMO. Keep firing until they're down and don't expect such a small handgun to be effective at distance or against a fastly charging in target.

It is true that small calibers can kill - I've heard some assassins favor the .22 for headshots. However; those are ambush attacks not Self-Defence and trying for a headshot with a mousegun against a quickly moving target who's armed as well is chancy at best, IMO. Still, I'd rather have a .32 in my hand than nothing and were one pointed at me, I'd definitely give up my wallet or car keys to it.
Where I live they just throw grenades now. Gets you to duck down and they draw pistols even if it's a dud.

Latest Discussions