3 lazy days, spent at MT (my opinions on this place)

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that i'm more than impressed with the feeback i've recived from this forum and it's members. I don't think i've seen that kind of warmth in ANY other forum. I'm still getting used to the rules of MT. I've almost already been banned... for dropping what some considered to be "challenges" and I apologize. I didn't mean it in a rude or jerk-like way. Hubbard said they normally ban right away for such things, but I was given a second chance because it was a ethnic issue.

I'm very very happy I stumbled upon MT. I thought this would just be a place to talk martial arts and whatnot. But it turns out you guys are in a strange way .. kind of like familyish. This might be my way of being honest, but I just wanted to let you all know that I appreicate the support I've gotten, and all of the different opinions i've read and taken in over the last couple of days.

Again, I think this forum has so much to offer, I will try and be more carefull of the rules from now on. The level of respect you guys treat eachother with is more than you see in "real life" I feel at home here already.

that being said, tommorow morning I will look into my options and get a supporting membership and stick around for a good long while.

Thank you to everyone i've come into contact with so far.

cheers

Josh

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you are happy here, Josh! Welcome to "Our little family" :D

Lisa

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Josh, glad to have you as part of the MT family.

I felt the same way when I joined, and still do. :)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm very very happy I stumbled upon MT. I thought this would just be a place to talk martial arts and whatnot. But it turns out you guys are in a strange way .. kind of like familyish.

Joshua, this is true in a very basic way, I've discovered. This isn't just a discussion board. It seems as though it is, when you first stumble across it, but the play of unique personalities and (usually endearing) eccentricities is something extremely rare in the coldly anonymous Internet realm. The key truth here seems to be, everyone wants to learn from whoever has something to teach them, and everyone want to help anyone who needs help. (Well, `everyone' is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it's true for a very large percentage of regular posters, I've found). And the board works as a whole to protect its members and provide them with an environment in which civil disagreement—the heart and soul of any productive discussion, after all! :)—is allowed to take its course. That's why the input of the moderators, and the basic rules of the road like the no-challenge/no-sniping/no-rudeness regulations, is so crucial. You can argue your head off with a dozen different people on as many different threads, and at the end of the day you're still on good terms and no one is pissed off or hurt... that's the idea, anyway, and it seems to work out that way for the most part.

I'm glad you like it here and hope you will continue to enjoy posting...

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a great place! It's a shame that the martial arts world can't mimic this place. The whole field would be the better for it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the bothersome task of having to work for a living I'd hangout here all day...Welcome aboard...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you like it here Josh. Martial Talk is indeed unique among messages boards, especially MA message boards. (Now..go read the TOS :whip:)

We like to give each other **** too. ;) :p

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying it here Josh! I've been here for a while myself and I consider this place my 'home away from home' so to speak! Enjoy your stay!:ultracool

Mike

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, the more, the merrier! We've all made mistakes - not everyone learns from them. I look forward to hearing more from you.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
]It is nice to here someone say they feel like it is
kind of like familyish
. We try to make it that way but like all families we sometime have minor disagreements, but we try to learn from our mistakes and from one another.
Happy you like it here

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad likewise you're here Josh. It took me a while to intergate myself to this group/forum. But the Mods are a patient lot and at the same time dilligent for trolls and folks who intentionally and unintentionally break the TOS. There's also a group of Mentors who are the Mods' little helpers ... they can help guide you through if you have any questions... hence the name: Mentor. PM those if you feel you have anything questionable or "just wondering"... we'll be glad to help out.

:asian: Welcome and be true.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope Bob reads this thread. Reading this stuff must make him feel good. Let's all give Bob a round of applause... *clapping for Bob*

OK, great. Who wants a beer?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope Bob reads this thread. Reading this stuff must make him feel good. Let's all give Bob a round of applause... *clapping for Bob*

ME!

continues clapping for Bob....

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I want one. Is a quarter to noon late enough to have one? I just finished a pot of weapons-grade black tea... probably need something to counteract caffein toxicity... sounds like a plan to me! :drink2tha

And yes, applause for Bob, and three cheers for the ToS on MT...
icon14.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
clap Clap Clap Clap!!!

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
welcome aboard, sir.

i've found that family feeling to be true in real life martial arts communities, too. it's one of my favorite things about this little thing of ours.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Clapping like mad here. And it's beer-thirty somewhere, eh? Slide me a chilly one, Stoolman. :ultracool

Latest Discussions