2021 Goals!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Talk' started by paitingman, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

It's Boris talk lol.
    However gyms and martial arts clubs are closed though so it's back to online stuff. Iain Abernathy has been doing some good stuff so I think I'll be doing that. I'll punch and kick the bejesus out of my punch bag though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Damien

Damien White Belt

Hi all, just joined the forum, thought I'd share my goals for the year. Three months down, how is everyone getting on with theirs? Supposedly something like 80% of people give up on resolutions by mid Feb!

My goals are to:
    -Focus on my flexibility and finally get box splits
    -Work on weapons more, especially jian and staff
    -If fortune allows it, get back to competition after a few years off

3. W.Bridges

W.Bridges Orange Belt

I have not really set any goals this year due to last years being messed up due to Coved19. The TKD school i train at is still limited on the amount of students per class and has not set any testing dates for the year. We only get to train one day a week right now. We did not do any testing last year. My goal was to be a red belt by the end of last year. Also had plans to do more tournaments last year.
    Only goal i have this year is to keep training in the gym, lose about 10 more pounds and be in class as much as i can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prostar

Prostar Green Belt

1. Find a club in Winston Salem. I "retired" 18 years ago and I want to un-retire for a while.

2. I did a picture perfect flying side kick about 35 years ago. I want to do it again. At that point I will publish the pictures side by side. Instructors asked me why I would want to do such a pointless kick. It isn't about the kick. The kick is an indicator of my progress. In order to accomplish a decent kick I need to lose weight (lots). I am down 40 pounds in the past year. My cholesterol and other health issues will be improved. So it isn't about the kick, it is about all the stuff it takes to get me there.123

• Like Like x 2