2 Year Old Red Belt - Read & Weep....

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back in 1996, I had just recieved my black belt and visited a local kempo school that had opened up in a church. I had met the instructor and he told me about his school and what he taught, so I dropped in to say hello. I walked in and a brown belt (who turned out to be his wife) was leaning on a wall staring at the roof and drug her feet over to say hello to me. She was out of shape to say the least. Anyway, I said hello and asked her which kempo branch were they from and if there were related to Ed Parker. She had no idea who Parker was or any other names.
The head instructor came over after a while and chatted, but had no idea where his style was from or even what they really taught. After a bit, he points to 2 small 5 and 6 year old kids who were playing with building blocks while the class practiced and told me that there were his daughters and were black belts. They were playing with blocks and play-dough. I was hoping he would be someone I could network with and work out with, but needless to say it was a bad experience.

AoG

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is just wrong - as others have said, it is meaningless, and cheapens the belt for all others who earn it. Pah.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow! That really and truely is amazing!! Now.... I'll just have to look for the nearest place that'll accept 2 year olds and will promote as fast as that in less than a year, and my youngest neice is set! (((Joking)))

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think everybody is missing a major point here. While not actually being said in any article, just think how far you could go in that school. With just a bit of good movement and the ability to even pick-up a board for breaking, you should be able to achive a 3rd or 4th degree solid gold belt with platinum trim bands. What was the address again to the school? I think I could lube up the checkbook to present a quick draw effect to garner the extra Titanium Star.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Wow! I bet against other 2 year olds in a fight...she might win most times...imagine when she doubles her age to (4 YEARS OLD).

Remember there is NO standard rules for promtions or color belts. Each system has there own way of rewarding there students.

Most times getting a higher belt is also a selling tool! (Not for all schools)

If two year olds could read this story..I bet many would sign up too?

Aleast she is learning ...........who cares about the colors...Aloha

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whaaaaa! :vu: Please don`t! My boots tremble in fear and me in them! Good thing it is past her bedtime.

I'll bet her Teddy Bear is her full time Uke...LOL

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll bet her Teddy Bear is her full time Uke...LOL

Nah... her uke's her six month old baby brother. They don't mention him in the article 'cause they don't want Children's Services showing at their door at all hours of the day or night hoping to catch her practicing her hip throws on him....

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ya know, I am really disappointed in the way y'all are treating this red belts accomplishments. To get that the level that kid had to train and probably sweat blood for up to seconds at a time to be that good. For shame on all of you.

On a different note though, for the holiday season only, or until you run out of money, I'm offering a special on Masters Ranks. Cash only please.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know, I am really disappointed in the way y'all are treating this red belts accomplishments. To get that the level that kid had to train and probably sweat blood for up to seconds at a time to be that good. For shame on all of you.

Hangs head in shame...

wade said:
On a different note though, for the holiday season only, or until you run out of money, I'm offering a special on Masters Ranks. Cash only please.

American Express Travelers Checks OK?????

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread moved to Horror Stories.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

:lfao:

Still :lfao: !!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score

What if I just send all of my credit card numbers and remaining credit line so you can determine just how far I can go right from the start. You know, sending cash can be a tricky thing. :)

:lfao:

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok being new this could come off as a bit posh... but I believe The Sun is the equivilant in the UK to the US Enquierer (not that I can spell it mind you). It has been sued so many times this year it isn't even funny.

So while the story may be true I'd take it with a grain or three of salts.

--Will

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok being new this could come off as a bit posh... but I believe The Sun is the equivilant in the UK to the US Enquierer (not that I can spell it mind you). It has been sued so many times this year it isn't even funny.

--Will

Ah, got you! Man it is good to hear this actually. I was afraid you guys across the pond had lost your ever-loving minds by using that as a "story."

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

--Will

Looks like it's kind of a middle ground to be honest, mainly gossip stuff, but not the aliens ate my dog and impregnated my cow with a lobster stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How would you like to be this girl when she is 18 and trying to live up to the hype of being the youngest red belt ever

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Looks like it's kind of a middle ground to be honest, mainly gossip stuff, but not the aliens ate my dog and impregnated my cow with a lobster stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun

Fair enough, but I do know that have been sued several times this year by celebrities for liable.

Still it is a gimmicky source of news.

Glad to be corrected how ever.

Latest Discussions