10 best car for gas mileage

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://autos.msn.com/advice/windowshop.aspx?contentid=2885&src=msn

Above is a link, to an article about the ten best cars for gas milage.

The Problem is I knew a guy who owned the Honda Civic Hybrid. Once it started to malfunction they could never get it to work right again and the mileage was at best 30-32 on highway.

This makes me believe that while all things are working fine it is good, yet as soon as things are not, then you cannot get the system back in align to make it work right. :(

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Seig
I could not help but notice that my 1982 Chevy 4x4 3/4 Ton P/U with the 8 foot bed, a Chevy 350 with Holley 4 Barrel on it was not listed......:confused:

Well I can tell ya how many mpg ya get! .... Two :shrug:

Suprising a man in WVa would actually show his face
in a 3/4 ton :shrug:

It does blow away my lil S-10 extended cab. But I only got it
because it's part of the TX constitution.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Kirk
Well I can tell ya how many mpg ya get! .... Two :shrug:

Suprising a man in WVa would actually show his face
in a 3/4 ton :shrug:

It does blow away my lil S-10 extended cab. But I only got it
because it's part of the TX constitution.
I have a 3/4 ton for two reasons. 1.) I don't like duellys 2.) It was free.

K

Kirk

I have a 3/4 ton for two reasons. 1.) I don't like duellys 2.) It was free.

1.) Me either, I was just joshin' anyway

2.) Yeah, of course, some guy in WVa got tired of being seen in
a 3/4 ton!

:roflmao:

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hmmm.....
Milage on the crown vic sucks....but then I don't buy the fuel.

:rofl:

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by dearnis.com
hmmm.....
Milage on the crown vic sucks....but then I don't buy the fuel.

Gee, I wonder who does ?

You guys like the new Fords?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NO I DON"T LIKE FORD!
The one I have came with the wife. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of why I never owned a ford.:soapbox:

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
NO I DON"T LIKE FORD!
The one I have came with the wife. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of why I never owned a ford.:soapbox:

As a GM man I would agree, yet you seem to have a real problem with them. Is it just the styling or is it something else?

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, when I had my 2001 I was very fond of it. Handled better and sat lower than my old '97. Faster off the line, and a significantly higher top end. Much bigger trunk too.
But in January I was transfered to a unit that works out of semi-marked vehicles...so bye bye to the new car and back in a 97.
As to liking the Ford, it doesn't matter; everyone else abandoned the market. The Impala is too small to fit with a cage.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by dearnis.com
Well, when I had my 2001 I was very fond of it. Handled better and sat lower than my old '97. Faster off the line, and a significantly higher top end. Much bigger trunk too.
But in January I was transfered to a unit that works out of semi-marked vehicles...so bye bye to the new car and back in a 97.
As to liking the Ford, it doesn't matter; everyone else abandoned the market. The Impala is too small to fit with a cage.

Well, I hate to say this , but hte only customers we had for the large Impala's were the police. :(

We do have police options for the Impala and Lumia, yet they do not do weel with the cage. :(

:asian:

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
NO I DON"T LIKE FORD!
Interesting option, I'm surprized it's not offered here in Utah.

J

Jill666

2000 Contour. The line is no longer available, but it's a good car. I've mostly owned Fords. Never had a problem with them.

This past two weeks I had the car in the body shop, and had a Focus 2002 loaner- a 4-cylinder. Handled pretty nicely, but no power, surprise, surprise. Didn't like it whatsoever. Good mileage though.

I'd like to buy the F-250 once the car is paid off next year. Then my husband can get rid of his car.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Is it just the styling or is it something else?

It's a '98 Windstar. Each and everytime I turn around I'm still getting recall notices. I have had it in the dealership 6 times for the same damn problem and they never can find it. It doesn't always want to start. Interior lights come on at will. The door locks work when they feel like it. When you break the door ajar light comes on and then the overhead light stays on. Lamps are always burning out in it. I believe the cv boots may have went out because it squels when you turn the wheels during steering. The hood latch has given me problems since I met Heather. These are only a couple of reasons I don't like it.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a '98 Windstar. Each and everytime I turn around I'm still getting recall notices. I have had it in the dealership 6 times for the same damn problem and they never can find it. It doesn't always want to start. Interior lights come on at will. The door locks work when they feel like it. When you break the door ajar light comes on and then the overhead light stays on. Lamps are always burning out in it. I believe the cv boots may have went out because it squels when you turn the wheels during steering. The hood latch has given me problems since I met Heather. These are only a couple of reasons I don't like it.

Jason,

Get a manual if you can. Look for the vehcile grounds. Check for corrosion on the grounds.

Also, if you cannot get into the steering column then have the dealership do it, and have them check the ignition switch and module for shorts of loose wiring.

This is my bvest guess given the symptoms you describe.

I hopes this can help you

:asian:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I could not help but notice that my 1982 Chevy 4x4 3/4 Ton P/U with the 8 foot bed, a Chevy 350 with Holley 4 Barrel on it was not listed......:confused:

Hey Seig, Please for the love of God, and all creatures that inhibit our Earth, change your personal picture!!!

What the hell are you doing??? You're scaring all of us here guys on this forum, and making us all gun shy. Who wants to see a BOOT to the NADs if you're a Guy... :eek:

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Seig,

How many Gallons to the Mile do you get?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Hey Seig, Please for the love of God, and all creatures that inhibit our Earth, change your personal picture!!!

What the hell are you doing??? You're scaring all of us here guys on this forum, and making us all gun shy. Who wants to see a BOOT to the NADs if you're a Guy... :eek:
Follow me and you shall not be harmed. Resist and be the next model for my avatar.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Seig,

How many Gallons to the Mile do you get?

That all depends on weather or not there is a load on, wether or not I am in Granny gear going up the side of a muddy mountain or what. I forgot to mention the four inch lift kit in it. It is NOT a commuter vehicle.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
hell, my four cylinder rice burner could fit into the bed of Seig's truck. his vehicle has a lift kit and mine is lowered...my Honda could fit under his truck! it could drive over my Honda and it would be a speed bump...

Latest Discussions