Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Jason,

Get a manual if you can. Look for the vehcile grounds. Check for corrosion on the grounds.

Also, if you cannot get into the steering column then have the dealership do it, and have them check the ignition switch and module for shorts of loose wiring.

This is my bvest guess given the symptoms you describe.

I hopes this can help you

:asian:

After another review, of your symptoms.

Here are some additional checks.

All the lights and door ajar, and stuff, could be cause by a bad door switch. Does your WIndstar have a liftgate or hatch in the
back. This is the most common failure for door switches to be misaligned. You could also check the other doors as well.

Now since the dealership does not find any codes, this make me think that the BCM (* Body Control Module *), and thereby I would believe that a dealership would replace something for moeny if they could. SO check either the door switches or
the grounds for the switches.

Just another thought. I hope this helps

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Rich. You have given a few ideas that maybe have not been explored yet. Anway I'd still like to put it in an open cornfield and blow the Son of a ***** up!

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Thanks for the help Rich. You have given a few ideas that maybe have not been explored yet. Anway I'd still like to put it in an open cornfield and blow the Son of a ***** up!

That is an option, just thought I would save you a couple of 'K' when you traded it in :)

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
I could not help but notice that my 1982 Chevy 4x4 3/4 Ton P/U with the 8 foot bed, a Chevy 350 with Holley 4 Barrel on it was not listed......:confused:
I'll see your chevy and raise you one '77 dodge army surplus FULL TIME 4x4 with one ton running gear a 318 and a 2 barrel. It don't need a lift. The stereo in it cost more than the truck, ($477.00 and it had <13000 original miles on it!)

Latest Discussions