yeah another question

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
hi.... me again
ok its only been sionce feb and i only can train once per week within a class due to work and class availabilty to beginners..... working on that aspect! but i try to get in 15mins every day whislt at work and an hour solo on 2 other days life permitting!
but i am desp to get going on th ewall bag.

is this too soon or is it a good idea. sifu has slowed me down with my enthusiasm better to learn a few things really well than lots of things not very well.
wise but fustrating lol

thanks for listening
matsu

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Its great to have a passion to learn, without this passion it is hard to really motivate yourself to learn the art your practising. That said, you should understand the pace that you are improving at, the better you get the better you will appreciate your ability and skill. Dont look at time frame, look at technical ability and understanding of concepts and how you apply them. Practise as you do now and in a short while attempt to do new things (wall bag), always ask someone to confirm that what you are doing is correct as its easy to train for hours in the wrong thing.

Always learn from your mistakes and treat them as positive teachings, to get stronger you need to understand where your weaknesses lie. If any other student gives you a hint or a tip, always take it on as long standing students have the experience and knowledge to help you, what they have learnt through trial and error they can pass to very easily.

Martial arts cannot be learnt over a few months, accept that it takes years to be very proficient in the fighting arts. The more you chase the goal the further it will seem, making you even more frustrated. Attend the classes as you do, practise as you do, listen attentively to your teacher, whatever advice they give is for your own benefit.

I myself have given a goal of 15 years of training ontop of what ive done, and then I will assess my ability.

brocklee

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Its great to have a passion to learn, without this passion it is hard to really motivate yourself to learn the art your practising. That said, you should understand the pace that you are improving at, the better you get the better you will appreciate your ability and skill. Dont look at time frame, look at technical ability and understanding of concepts and how you apply them. Practise as you do now and in a short while attempt to do new things (wall bag), always ask someone to confirm that what you are doing is correct as its easy to train for hours in the wrong thing.

Always learn from your mistakes and treat them as positive teachings, to get stronger you need to understand where your weaknesses lie. If any other student gives you a hint or a tip, always take it on as long standing students have the experience and knowledge to help you, what they have learnt through trial and error they can pass to very easily.

Martial arts cannot be learnt over a few months, accept that it takes years to be very proficient in the fighting arts. The more you chase the goal the further it will seem, making you even more frustrated. Attend the classes as you do, practise as you do, listen attentively to your teacher, whatever advice they give is for your own benefit.

I myself have given a goal of 15 years of training ontop of what ive done, and then I will assess my ability.

Very accurate response. I myself wouldn't listen to other practitioners because they too may be doing it incorrectly. Listen to sifu and his number 1 student. There's a reason why he has a number 1 student and not a number 2 or 3. Practice with other practitioners and ask them what they are feeling back from you so that you may improve on structure and sensitivity.

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
cheers guys.
at the moment all the intermediates who take the beginners classes do so ,to warm up for the following class to get extra tuition and to help out newbies like me and my son.
at this stage i am happy to take any advice from any of the club as it is better than none. ultimately i will rely on sifu and his no1.
i already take a private lesson once per month so i can get 121 attention to my faults so i can correct them.
matsu

Latest Discussions