Yaw Yan

C

Cuentada

Are there any Yaw Yan players here? Yaw Yan USA seems to have just fizzled out....from taking a look at their website.

OP
C

Cuentada

It's alright, i was able to track down Sir Fred Garcia in Toronto but decided not to go with it.

Black Grass

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cuentada
It's alright, i was able to track down Sir Fred Garcia in Toronto but decided not to go with it.

Fred and his brother Boy (can't remeber his real name) were a first generation sudents of Yaw Yan when it started in the 70's. Apparently, the style has changed alot since then.

I can tell you one thing Fred and Boy can fight.

Vince
aka Black Grass

OP
C

Cuentada

yeah, apparently they've added pandigma (groundfighting) to their striking....it was interesting learning about Fred's experiences and the way they trained.

OP
C

Cuentada

Yes, he's teaching out of his yard...but pretty selective about who he teaches...he mentioned that you used to study with him. Did you like it?

warder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My FMA instructors' brother trained, or stills trains in yaw yan. He began his training in the phillipines, and i believe he continues it here. you can email my teacher via his web page, he might have somes names and addresses of people for you.
http://www.rochesterkali.com/
thats the best i can do, hope it can be of some use to you

OP
C

Cuentada

Yes, he's teaching out of his yard...but pretty selective about who he teaches...he mentioned that you used to study with him. Did you like it?

Oops, he didn't mention that he was teaching at the studio at vic park and shep.... only that he trains at his residence.

Black Grass

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

I did like the training but it made me a better fighter. However, it was kickboxing focused and at the time my interest in that started to move away from this.

Vince
aka Black Grass

Latest Discussions