WTF notice on court decision re PSS use in the world qualification tournament in Baku

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is from wtf.org..I just wonder how this looks from IOC point of view? It's just stupid mess..? ( Did Lajust now shot their own foot :banghead: )

/Markku

Dear Sir/Madam,

As Swiss Timing decided to use Daedo PSS at the 2012 London Olympic Games taekwondo competition, the WTF has decided to use Daedo PSS at all qualification tournaments for London 2012 Olympic Games and sent the notice to all MNAs on May 18, 2011.

Following the decision by the WTF, LaJUST recently filed with the Seoul Central District Court a request for an injunction against the use of non-LaJUST PSS at the World Qualification Tournament in Baku, Azerbaijan and on June 27 the court accepted the request for injunction.

According to the court ruling, the WTF will not be able to use Daedo PSS at the 2011 WTF World Qualification Tournament for the 2012 London Olympic Games in Baku, Azerbaijan scheduled for June 30-July 3, 2011.

The WTF informs you with regret of the court decision and advises you that the WTF has decided to use traditional non-electronic body protectors at the Baku World Qualification Tournament, as LaJust PSS is not competent enough to be used at this important tournament due to the technical faultiness revealed to this date.

We ask for your greater understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

Jin Suk Yang
Secretary General
World Taekwondo Federation

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i wonder what basis the court had to rule in favor of lajust.

if the WTF finds lajust to be NOT competent (thier words), then how can they not be justified in using another system?

sooooo, let me see if i got this,

My org has a contract with a GUN company, time proves the Gun company is not reliable, but since i have a contract I cannot use another gun and revert to throwing stones at the olympics for guns?

nice...

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score

if the WTF finds lajust to be NOT competent (thier words), then how can they not be justified in using another system?

My org has a contract with a GUN company, time proves the Gun company is not reliable, but since i have a contract I cannot use another gun and revert to throwing stones at the olympics for guns?

nice...

I would suspect, but do not know, that the basis is the same as why David Askinas enforces the USAT contract with LaJust in the USA - the contract probably called for upfront cash.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd guess that WTF didn't get written into the contract any language specifying a quality of performance that the product would have to meet.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

nice...

That's hilarious. LaJust is a Korean company and Daedoo is Spanish. I wonder if that is a factor in the case.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

nice...

Yep. That's how contracts work. It's WTF's fault for not having a clause written in that allows them to void the contract in case of serious quality concerns. Maybe next time they'll invest in better lawyers.

-Rob

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is from wtf.org..I just wonder how this looks from IOC point of view? It's just stupid mess..? ( Did Lajust now shot their own foot :banghead: )
According to the court ruling, the WTF will not be able to use Daedo PSS at the 2011 WTF World Qualification Tournament for the 2012 London Olympic Games in Baku, Azerbaijan scheduled for June 30-July 3, 2011.

The WTF informs you with regret of the court decision and advises you that the WTF has decided to use traditional non-electronic body protectors at the Baku World Qualification Tournament, as LaJust PSS is not competent enough to be used at this important tournament due to the technical faultiness revealed to this date.

We ask for your greater understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

Jin Suk Yang
Secretary General
World Taekwondo Federation

I wonder if this will favor developing countries that have not been using EBP to prepare for the event, because they couldn't afford them?

Latest Discussions