World's Shortest Political Test

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Left-Liberals generally embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but support central decision-making in economics. They want the government to help the disadvantaged in the name of fairness. Liberals tend to tolerate social diversity, but work for what they might describe as "economic equality."
Who knew? :D

OP
T

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Libertarians support a great deal of liberty and freedom of choice in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and they tolerate economic and social diversity.

The top portion was easy for me - lots of A's, but the lower portion carried a number of caveats. On my second pass I was still a libertarian just closer to the center/left.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
WOW! Im a liberal!!!

Come on look at how the questions are couched. Is there any doubt how this "test" is designed to come out?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gee, I rank at Libertarian....now thats a surprise. :D

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm...I came up libertarian, too. I thought I was more of a centrist. 34% libertarian, 30% centrist...maybe with more questions...

OP
T

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
WOW! Im a liberal!!!

Come on look at how the questions are couched. Is there any doubt how this "test" is designed to come out?
I am not certain since there seems to some variation in liberal/centrist, etc. Are we supposed to be something in particular? This was crafted in 1969 by some polysci cat tired of simple left/right labels.

From the Washingpost - http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A8992-2001Jun16&notFound=true
"The quiz has gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings; last year, Rasmussen Research used the quiz in a poll about how likely voters viewed themselves."

I guess we see what we expect.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Libertarian, only because anarchist wasn't on the list I'm guessing. :)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a left leaning Centrist. But it was a very short test. TW

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Alas, I'm part of the Libertarian club as well.

S

SMP

Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize what they commonly describe as "practical solutions" to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on political issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

but very close to Libertarian

M

Mark Weiser

I scored as a Libertarian now that is interesting since I am a registered Republican lol.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
According to that test, I'm a Centrist-borderlining-Liberal (my "dot" was right on the Centrist line separating it from the Liberal section, actually).

No surprise there.

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
I scored as a Libertarian now that is interesting since I am a registered Republican lol.
Me too.

R

Ronald R. Harbers

You are too much sometimes! What I should have written is, "Do the Greens and the Libertarians have much in common?"

Latest Discussions