Wing chun for a beginner

android

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi there

Have done TKD for a while but im not sure its for me - used to do tai chi years ago
Wing chun has always interested me, but as a beginner could anyone advise me what to expect, I found tkd was pretty much all about kicking, I found it hard to keep the interest going in the end.
I did enjoy doinf the Patterns though.
cant see many schools in my area either - anyone know of decent schools in the reading/Berkshire area

thanks
andy

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
...but as a beginner could anyone advise me what to expect, I found tkd was pretty much all about kicking...

This is a pretty vague question andy. What to expect will vary kwoon to kwoon, lineage, instructor/Sifu, traditional vs more modern approaches etc.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi there

Have done TKD for a while but im not sure its for me - used to do tai chi years ago
Wing chun has always interested me, but as a beginner could anyone advise me what to expect, I found tkd was pretty much all about kicking, I found it hard to keep the interest going in the end.
cant see many schools in my area either - anyone know of decent schools in the reading/Berkshire area

thanks
andy
Unless you find a good wing chun instructor best to try some other major art with a good instructor.

VT_Vectis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi there

thanks
andy

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.

Just done a quick search and it's come up with a Wan Kam Leung lineage school in Reading, more info here;

Frontpage - Practical Wing Chun United Kingdom

Which I'm very jealous about as they are few and far between in the U.K! His Wing Chun is by all accounts very practical, though I have no knowledge of this particular school. But I'm sure if you go along and try you'll be more than happy.

Good luck with your Ving Tsun journey.