Will stick with wing chun - but, what method?

B

BaktoBasics

Hi to all the Wing Chunners. I think WC has lots to offer so I've decided to stick with it. However, I have heard some negative things about my current method.

I have current access to the system developed under William Cheung. However, I also have access to the system develped under Wong Shun Leung. Both schools have the students of these masters teaching. Oh, I also have access to Dana Wong (a student of William Cheung, but, he has seemed to "move on", so to speak).

Having said that, does anyone know what "method" may be better?

Anyone know what the differences are?

I hear they differ and the schools are in contant conflict with one another in relation to the teaching of WC - why?

Anyone train under these people? (in Melbourne, Australia).

Anyone trained under both? If so, which did you prefer?

The current schools seems abit to commercial. Any comments?

Thanks very much. WC is great and I want to ensure I have access to the "right stuff".

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
BaktoBasics said:
Hi to all the Wing Chunners. I think WC has lots to offer so I've decided to stick with it. However, I have heard some negative things about my current method.

I have current access to the system developed under William Cheung. However, I also have access to the system develped under Wong Shun Leung. Both schools have the students of these masters teaching. Oh, I also have access to Dana Wong (a student of William Cheung, but, he has seemed to "move on", so to speak).

Having said that, does anyone know what "method" may be better?

Anyone know what the differences are?

I hear they differ and the schools are in contant conflict with one another in relation to the teaching of WC - why?

Anyone train under these people? (in Melbourne, Australia).

Anyone trained under both? If so, which did you prefer?

The current schools seems abit to commercial. Any comments?

Thanks very much. WC is great and I want to ensure I have access to the "right stuff".
In my opinion I would probably go with the Melbourne WSL. This is run by David Peterson, whom I have contacted through email, he is very much focused on the teaching rather than the commercial side of things, always a good sighn. I have seen, read and heard various things about William Chueng, so in my opinion, david Peterson is the guy to see, even though WC is fist Gen student under Yip Man.

Latest Discussions